Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
This is certainly not a traditional shape, and some will probably not find much favor for this one, and while I myself like all things traditional, sometimes I enjoy something unique...
The Briar Elephant - R8
Finished in natural wax.

Complete with matching stand complete with briar ears.
r8-elephant-pipe-600x600.jpg

Edit: Corrected capitalization in your title, L.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
I actually like the shape of the pipe by itself. Add the stand and it's awesome!!

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Awsome job! The "ears" make it that much cooler. Keep up the great work man. It's a dying art(making one's own pipes)

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I love the pipes your making and you’re really INSPIRING me to start making my own. With the current “stocking up” on tobacco going on, I can’t get into buying the better pipes. I’m reading and already have many of the tools from years ago making cabinets for commercial construction jobs. So it’s just a matter of parsing my time from other things to make that first jump. The ears are a great idea, really makes a complete piece. Your St. Patrick day pipe is my favorite so far!
Craig

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Dragonslayer - Craig, go for it!

I've been working with few tools, minimal experience, a handful of creativity and an obsessive inability to stop a project once I start. Haha.

I love working with my hands and the fulfillment of creative expression.

For those who know this feeling, pipe making is certainly a wonderful art!
Everyone - thanks for the compliments. I guess it's more popular than I thought it would be. It was a little bit of a risk for me to try it out but you don't grow if you don't push yourself.. Im happy with it and My wife loves it so hey! I'm happy!

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Very nice like the stand. Are you drilling your own blocks or using a kit? Also are you cutting your own stems? I particularly liked the way the green pipe came out, but this one is nice too, nice birdseye.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
Very creative! I really like the look of that one, keep it up! :clap:

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
Josh - what type of briar are you using? And if you don't mind who are you getting it from, and what grade? SO many places selling it and you really get a hint of what you get from a kit.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.