Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:   

My 3rd Masterpiece from clickklick

(21 posts)
  1. scrooge

scrooge

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The name of the pipe is " The Pendulum " I'm sorry no pictures yet. Adam will be posting some tonight. The over all shape is unique to say the least. It is 2 toned an very pointy just like a actual pendulum. It is very dark on the sides of the bowl an a beautiful light tone on the top. I let Adam know that the dark stain was over powering the lighter stain.

He said I could return it to him an he would lighten it. For Free! His motto 100% customer satisfaction. This pipe smokes terrific an feels good in my arthritic large hands. It has to be lite with matches a zippo can't get to the hole. Can't wait for you guys to see it. Thanks Adam! Keep em coming. James

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. clickklick

clickklick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Alright, this is pipe #21, The Horned Pendulum. It was honestly destined for the trash bin but scrooge convinced me to send it to him instead (thank you James for your continued support!). I am glad it smokes well at least. I was reluctant to post pictures because I am not happy with it at all, but did learn quite a bit. I try to strive to improve with each pipe, but this one set me back a bit. Here it is, from the fiery depths of hell! Prepare your eyes!

Hobbyist Pipemaker - Carmette Pipes
    Posted 3 years ago #
  3. davet

davet

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Don't you get tired making these "run of the mill" pipe shapes? WOW! Awesome work, well done.

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. snagstangl

snagstangl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't want to like it. The shape is to extreme and weird, well what would you do with that huge chunk of wood. But I do like it, I think it looks great! and your button and the orifice looks perfectly smooth. looks like great work.

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. danielplainview

dave g

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

run of the mill pipes.
    lol

May I ask why you were going to throw it away? It's a wild shape, but I dig it. Very cool. It can double as weapon whenever you're smoking in a dark alley.

Congrats Scrooge.

Make aromatics great again.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  6. lohengrin

lohengrin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I can understand your doubts, but this work is a well done experiment. I'd like to reach the same results when I attempt new shapes!

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. scrooge

scrooge

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's exactly what my wife said Dave, she also said not to trip an fall with it or I'd be a goner its that sharp. I do love classical pipes, but also go for new works of art. Thanks fellas. An Thank You again Adam.

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. hawke

hawke

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The fact you were gonna trash it is a testament to your devotion to not only quality but total satisfaction all around. Good Show ClickerMan!

Er uh... I don't like it either Hahahahahahahahaha

Are those Tobacco Brownies?
    Posted 3 years ago #
  9. stanlaurel

stanlaurel

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very cool. I like it. Don't poke your eye out.

Posted 3 years ago #
  10. bonehed

bonehed

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The button finesse is coming along great! Always look forward to seeing what you've come up with... rock on!

Posted 3 years ago #
  11. clickklick

clickklick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thanks Guys!

Problems with this one:

1. Delrin tenon is showing on top and bottom of stem.
    2. The spalted tamarind stem insert developed a gap in the corners so it is not perfectly flush where it meets the briar. I am thinking that side pressure from filing the stem profile, must have push/indented that area in a bit.
    3. The main outside surface of the pipe (the dark stained part), was riddle with pits that were too deep to sand out. I don't have a sandblaster setup and felt rustication would have just thrown the entire flow of the shape off. So I'm not happy with the finish. In hindsight I probably should have just stain it the all light color and let the pits show.

The delrin tenon issue has come up for me in the past and I need to start making notes on how deep it goes into the stem to try and prevent that. Short of cutting an integral tenon, I;m not sure how to prevent this when doing saddle type stemwork. However, I don't have a lathe, so integral tenons aren't an option for me at the moment.

Oh well, live and learn. scrooge is happy, so that is the main thing!

Posted 3 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

aldecaker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's a weird shape, but I like it. I think it came out better than you think! I also like the built-in wind break for lighting outdoors. And in my opinion, pits are better than fills any day.

A man who serves his country is a patriot. A man who serves his government is an employee. The two are not always the same thing.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  13. bungee

bungee

Login to Send PM

Beautiful pipe and, as Dave G already said, an alley smoking weapon!

Congrats Scrooge and clickklick. Enjoy!

Cheers,

J

Posted 3 years ago #
  14. fordm60

fordm60

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like it, unusual shape but at the same time it is quite good. I always am intrquied by your pipes click and in a good way. Congratulations scrooge!

Posted 3 years ago #
  15. disinformatique

The Pipe Monk

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Pendulum Shape, can also be used as a brawling weapon, Enhancements include, titanium tipped edges for maximum annihilation Adam, dont forget my pipes.

Chris

Albert Einstein was once quoted as saying, “I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.” One of the reasons behind this statement is that pipe smoking is meant to be a slow leisurely activity. It takes patience to smoke a pipe. Unlike cigarettes and cigars, there is a certain amount of technique to smoking a pipe. Where cigars and cigarettes can just be picked up, lit and puffed on, pipes require the development of a technique in order to get the best smoking experience.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  16. scrooge

scrooge

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Smokes like a dream!

Posted 3 years ago #
  17. clickklick

clickklick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

So glad to read this!

Can't wait to get to The Gremlin! Got a few more pipes to make before that one though!

Posted 3 years ago #
  18. easterntraveler

easterntraveler

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The craftsmanship is great. No doubting that. However, I just can not get into it. Doesn't matter just as long as you like.

Because straight is the gate and narrow is the way which leadeth unto life and few be there that find it.
    Posted 3 years ago #
  19. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wowza now that is a pipe. Very cool, love to see guys thinking outside the box. Nice job!

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 3 years ago #
  20. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I find it quite interesting. Good on you for thinking outside the box and dreaming up this unique pipe. Very cool.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 3 years ago #
  21. badger

badger

Login to Send PM

You have talent sir!

Posted 3 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   spartan99, bayareabriar, smudgersmissingleg, frankrem, pitchfork, rodo, ashdigger, cshubhra, oldgeezersmoker, 3rdguy, marc75