PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Well fellow pipe smokers I did it. I put in my 1st tobacco order. I know it was a cheap one but I got 5oz of Boswells berry cobbler and 2oz of boswells sweet dreams. I only have a cob right now and I've only smoked about 16-17 bowls in all under my belt but I just wanted something that I would definitely taste. I also will be getting a new pipe next week thanks to shain and the free pipe project. Which I can't wait for and thank you all who helped in that matter. Now I just put it in around noon today and I am already tracking it and can't wait. Is that TAD? Lol bhahah. It says it will be here sat. I hope so let's all cross our fingers and toes that I get it this week! What do you all think of that blend? I will let you know what I think as soon as I get it and I will post some pics of the new pipe as soon as I lean how to. Right now I just uploaded some on my profile album. Thanks again all. Hey wait is that the UPS. truck I hear?

Marine33-------Richard

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Brother, when you're experimenting and learning, I don't think cost should factor in. Find out what you like before you drop several hundred bucks on something that will end up collecting mold. If I recall, you're next on the Free Pipe Project hit list. If so, I would almost bet that you'll be receiving some cool varieties to try out.
Semper Fi, Oorah, and all that! :puffpipe:

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
I know your excitement! It never goes away! Every order will feel this way, even years into your journey. Boswell makes real quality blends, good choice! I've had Apple Streudel but not Berry Cobbler. The apple was excellent.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Sounds like you have a plan. I need to order some Boswell's Raspberry Creme. It's a wonderful smoke also....stays lit and smokes wonderfully.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thamks Ranger now im really excited!! Is it next week yet? No but seriously I can not thank everyone on this fourm who donate to that great cause and for helping me and making me feel welcomed. I will one day return the favor and help out that great cause. I hope Perique is right and the excitement never goes away. Im telling you, I really wish I would have done this years ago. Being so new I wanted to get something that I could definitely taste, more than just warm smoke. Even though each bowl I smoke gets better and better. Plus this way my wife could say wow that stuff makes the house smell good honey, you can buy that anytime!!! Thanks all

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
good start for sure. I have only been pipe smoking for about 2 years now, but I still love ordering stuff and waiting for it to come in! You will be amazed at how your pallet will change and the things you will start to order in the future. Good luck.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Heck, just wait until you open your mailbox and get hit between the nostrils with the wonderful smell of exotic tobaccos! Your journey is getting ready to take a hard turn...and it's a pleasurable one, my friend.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Just making me even more excitied!! I don't think I could of gotten this far without the help of everyone in this fourm who has helped me along the way!

Thank you to ALL and happy puffing my friends!

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I've never had those particular blends, but Boswell does have quality tobacco.

I really enjoy their Northwoods and Countryside English blends, and their Piper's Pleasure is pretty good too.

I hope you enjoy!

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
You will be amazed at how your pallet will change...
And you will also be amazed how the thickness of your wallet will shrink.
I rarely smoke aro's any longer as they just don't seem to satisfy me taste wise. However, when I'm in the mood I'll fill up a bowl with Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat. It's description says that it has just a 'pinch' of cherry, but it comes through more strongly than most of the cherry touted tobacco's that I've tried in the past and about the only aro that I can taste. If you're really into aro's and you like a cherry flavor then I'd strongly suggest that you give it a try with your next order. :wink:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Ooh-rah Devil Dog. That first order is the best. As they say, you always remember your first. The only thing I would have done different is add another cob or two to the order. Even though these things are champs ( enjoying a quick smoke this morning of Early Morning Pipe in my Country Gentleman as I type this) the stems aren't that hearty. Otherwise, I hope your delivery comes tomorrow so you can enjoy a well deserved Memorial Day. I will be smoking a few bowls on Monday to remember those that have given the ultimate sacrifice in defense of our country.
Let us know how you like those blends.
Echo 4 Yankee out.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Well, you're not a virgin anymore . . . after 40+ years, I still get excited when a new order arrives.

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
Thank you all and yazamitaz I am with you too I am praying it comes tomorrow. I have my fingers and toes crossed! I will prob go get 1 more Cobb just to keep my packing practice up. Thanks again all and I will def let everyone know how it taste!!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats Richard - we all know the feeling well!I just rec'd a Peterson and some tobacco in the mail today and yes, I am a happy camper! Happy smoke rings... :puffy:

hotshot

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2014
Richard, Marine33,

Brother, I just love to try different tobaccos. I've got Ball jars all over the place, from different tobaccos. I've not found any I hate but many that I like better than others. My mood and taste goes from Aros to Virginia's to English.... So it's nice to have different ones on hand. I'm sort of hooked on the Seattle Pipe Club's, Mississippi River for my Non-aro. But like a large variety of English. Loving Frog Morton "On the Town" and MM965. Been liking Hiland's Black Gold for my Aromatic.

So you can see, you are just beginning to find the joy of pipe smoking. And it's realitivly inexpensive, compared to cigars.

Experiment and enjoy !!! BTW, it's always exciting waiting on that new pipe or tobacco to get to your front door. That doesn't change. :)

God Bless !

marine33

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2014
I GOT IT......TODAY!!! I packed my cobb with berry cobbler and oh.......this is what its all about. The taste and the note it gives off. Oh man. I owe everyone on here a big thank you. If I didnt find this fourm I would of never heard of Boswell or their berry cobbler. I am going to pack me a bowl of sweet dreams and have that one later tonight. I feel like I am a true pipe smoker now! 1 question I get moisture in my stem and sometime it hits my mouth yuck but I run a pipe cleaner through it and let it sit for 10 sec or so but y is this happening. Is it because the tobacco is moist or am I not packing it right? Agian I want to thank you all. This is a what I feel like is 1 big brotherhood of a fourm and im proud to be a part of it. Thanks for making a newbie feel welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.