PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Attached is a pic of my first attempt at estate restoral, the 4 estate pipes shown in the pic were in what looked like pretty bad condition when I started. They actually don't look to bad now and I'm looking forward to smoking them.
1) Unknown made in Italy

2) Amphora bulldog

3) Dr. Plumb straight billiard.

4) Kola Deluxe
1st-estate-restoral-600x450.jpg

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
wow, great job for first time
and indeed- restoring can become addictive...it is very satisfying to work on a pipe for a while and restore it to its former glory, shiny black stem and polished bowl...i use micromesh on the stems at the moment and a hand held engraver with small buffing wheel to polish the bowl with carnauba....but i am at the point where i am now thinking about scaling up and trying some Tripoli polish as micromesh is very time consuming and needs a lot of elbow grease

Jul 15, 2011
Those are looking pretty sweet! Great job on those. I can attest that the process of restoration is very addictive. I went from 10 pipes to 50 in a matter of months because it is so addictive.

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Damn fine work I'd call it! Now the can of worms has been opened and PAD has a much wider range.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
all by hand...did the stem as per pipenovelist method.

Bowl did the salt and alcohol.

no tools required, just man power...lol

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Thanks everyone...I was a bit nervous working on these because it was something totally new for me.

But I enjoyed it very much. Its not difficult but requires a certain amount of focus which is a nice

distraction for every day events.

I wouldn't even have tried doing this without all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.