PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
sitCdeh.jpg
I got this Dunhill ODA from a member. Sent it to my resto man to be cleaned up. Not a fan of the color red. So I had him change it. Please direct all technical questions to Dave G. Now your not hijacking I told em to go after you. HA HA! Hope you enjoy it !

Aug 14, 2012
Looks a lot like my first Dunhill, which I bought new in 1958 or 59 for $22. Mine had a reddish stain which tasted awful, and was later replaced with the amber root. I couldn't get a good smoke out of it. So after trying for a few years I threw it out. About 50 years later I saw one of the same shape and date on Ebay. It had been bid up to $2500.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Damn foggymountain! Thanks cobguy! I don't know anything about Dunhills. just knew I wanted atleast 1.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Congrats on the Dunhill. They're great pipes.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not a Dunhill fan, but I really like that one. Have always liked the four square shape, but have yet to get one. Great score!

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
beefeater33 I wouldn't know where or how to figure out a date. Sorry! Dave still has it, needs to finish up the rest of the pipes he's doing for me. He might help out.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yeah, that old four square shape is stogy in a wonderful way. Sitters are always a luxury. It's a very handsome pipe.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Knocks the socks off of what my first Dunhill estate looked like, enjoy it when it gets back to you. I love panels but an ODA is a big pipe and i don't own many large capacity bowls, hope you have a comfy spot picked out! ;)

banjo

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Not exactly studio quality pictures but here it was upon arrival. It was originally dark red. Pretty close to the same shade as the Pete Killarney sitting directly behind it.
xZcRitxl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.