PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Received my birth year Dunhill and I have to say, this is the best $124 I've ever spent on a pipe. The pipe came to me in excellent condition and needed little work. Zero cake. All I needed to do was oxiclean and polish the stem, salt & alcohol the bowl, and polish the briar. No need to send it out.
Surprised it had an inner tube, I thought those went out in the 40s-50s. I was able to smoke it this morning and it was as good as it gets.
dunhill62-1.jpg

dunhill62-3.jpg

dunhill62-4.jpg

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot guys! Really impressed with the smoking qualities of this pipe. And the stem is so well fitted - it clicks on smoothly with absolute precision.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Beautiful pipe six,and congrats on the birth year pipe again, bet it smokes like a dream.

~Ron

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Congrats! How'd you manage to grab that for $124? I've tried to get a couple of estates and they are usually $200+ in that condition. It's a great find for sure; happy smoking! :puffy:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks a lot everyone - much appreciated! This pipe goes to show why Dunhills are so valued. IMHO, it is as good as a pipe can get. I feel very lucky to have it.
Congrats! How'd you manage to grab that for $124?
Mostly luck. The seller is top rated, but isn't well known for pipes, so his auction wasn't getting a ton of notice. I was really surprised I spotted it as I rarely check the Dunhill estate market since they are usually way out of my league.

Status
Not open for further replies.