PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
I wanted to save this for my 100th post. After diligently pursuing pipe smoking as a hobby seriously for a full month, thanks to this forum, and your guys' acquisition-reinforcing ways - here is what PM forums hath wrought:

2013-04-30-153542-600x450.jpg

Tobaccos

Peterson Old Dublin (jar), Georgetown Tobacco Reverie (jar), McB Navy Flake (jar), FM Cellar, SG Kendal Creme Flake, Dunhill Nightcap, Erinmore Flake, & HH Dark Fired Flake
Pipes (left to right)

Mr. Brog #14 churchwarden, Savinelli unfinished billard/canadian, Tsuge Kaga bent brandy, Ukrainian pear volcano, & $10 Mr. Brog Rose Bent Diomand Stem 2815
Thanks!

I just wanted to thank everybody - especially some of the more senor members - on PM who have taken time to answer my stupid questions, read my esoteric posts, and generally have just helped me to understand this hobby better. I cannot stress how influential you all have been in helping to get better at this art and while I still have a long way to go, it's good to know that PM forums will be here to help me out.
Cheers everyone, and have a good lunt for me!

Aug 1, 2012
Congrats and remember, it's only just begun.
Side note, love those Opinel knives. Darn good steel, comfortable handle, and they take a razor edge, plus they are really inexpensive.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
How does that Tsuge lunt? I haven't bought a non-estate pipe in awhile but I've been eyeing those at SP. Looks to be a great deal.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Congrats oklansas - that's an awesome start - you're doing way better than I did my first month.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Congrats! Looks you're well on your way. It'll be interesting for you to go back to this post after you've posted your 1000th post and see how far you've come. Enjoy the ride!

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Very impressive collection so far. I too am about a month in but on a students budget I am at 4 pipes (including a Mr. Brog 14) plus two tins and about 7 ounces of bulk blends. Interesting to see someone on the same path.

May 31, 2012
Happy 100th oklansas! Grok smog the lunt tubes!
. :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

:puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

. :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy: :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well it's been a great month reading your comments and opinions. Keep posting! And BTW, I still have a supply of

Official PipesMagazine.com License Plate Brackets if you feel the need to augment your PM.com paraphernalia.

Plate.jpg

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
"How does that Tsuge lunt?"

I've only gotten it through three bowls. When I got it, it had a bunch of debris in the shank. Since then it seems like flakes of the lining they painted the inside of the bowl with comes off each smoke and the bottom of the bowl seems really rough (it has me concerned) - I don't know if this is normal or not. Other than that, I took out the stinger after an initial terrible experience and now it smokes like a champ. It stays cool, draw is wide open, no gurgle - pretty good with a flake and some FM cellar so far.
"I still have a supply of Official PipesMagazine.com License Plate Brackets if you feel the need to augment your PM.com paraphernalia."

Tempting! :D
"Oh it only gets worse/better from here Mr."

Yeah...already caught myself looking at more pipes and tobacco. Even looking at estates now...
Oh, also tried the FM Cellar for the first time. I like it, an easy smoke; tastes like I always imagined the pipes in Tolkien's books tasted. Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
WOW!
Color me impressed. That's quite the collection of both pipes and tobacco you have already. :)
I too just started smoking a pipe, and I find myself really enjoying the hobby.
Have you picked a favorite pipe or blend as of yet?

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Well done. That's a proper month! Nice selection of Tobaccos and some very cool pipes. Big fan of Nightcap and Frog Morton's Cellar myself.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Congrats on your first month on the TAD and PAD train. It won't be long till you have triple the number of pipes and pounds and pounds of tobacco. It looks like us enablers have done a great job with this new guy.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
@Kevin
We're happy to be enablers around here.

You'll be happy to know that, besides what I got at my B&M, everything on there was ordered from a PM sponsor.
@paintedklown
Have you picked a favorite pipe or blend as of yet?

My Savinelli by far, and Old Dublin is the favorite blend, although FM Cellar is really close.

Status
Not open for further replies.