PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackadderlxx

Can't Leave
Jun 17, 2018
For all the newer pipe smokers, I saw this today and wanted to pass it along. Muttonchoppiper is a great video resource for new pipe smokers. He has a great 101 series on how to smoke a pipe, but he also does something called Blend Club where everyone tries out a blend a month and discusses it on his YT comments section. Well, this year, tobaccopipes.com has partnered with him to get samples of the blends into the hands of those interested parties. IMO this is a class move by a great online tobacco shop, and a great YT channel. Also, there's apparently a discount code: muttonchop
https://www.tobaccopipes.com/muttonchops-club-blends-12-month-sampler-pipe-tobacco/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXYxj-OLToA&t=281s

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
I was excited to see the collaboration and am def gonna get the 12 pack. I have mb 4 already and there's a few I'm pretty sure I won't like but I think it will be fun anyway. I never went out of my way to acquire blend club blends just for blend club so this a really nice option. We could have a post blend club thread too mb if there's interest...

bradical

Might Stick Around
Dec 1, 2018
mrw-my-so-states-in-no-uncertain-terms-that-she-hates-bill-murray-150766.gif

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
I like the idea. I’ve had a few of these blends before, but I’m in to discuss them with a group. Like a virtual pipe club for those without a non-virtual one (like me). All my smoking friends are cigar guys and can’t seem to figure out pipes, although most have tried.

eggrollpiper

Can't Leave
Jul 27, 2018
Alrighty then so far it's me and you Mikefu, its a labor of love for sure (in reference to the cigar smokers aversion to our method of smoke).

Bluegrassbrian, yeah he can be kinda corny among other things however his heart is in the right place, is a conscientious gentleman, has many talents and is an asset to the pipe smoking community. Although I think the neighbors heard my eyes roll into the back of my head when I saw the Christmas poem reading, however I believe some of the stranger things are done by request by his hard core groupies.

I believe the great Edna Garret once said: You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and there you have... the facts of life.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Ive known him in real life.. so that may affect my opinion.
I also have an aversion to the "pipe community" in theory, but I could just be a misanthrope.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
If getting them as a sponsor brings our photo posting technology to this century I'm in..
You kids with your cell phones and pagers.
When I was your age, we had to stand in the alley and WAIT for our drugs...
goml.png

Forgive me today. I'm successfully striving for inebriation...
jay-roger.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I also have an aversion to the "pipe community" in theory, but I could just be a misanthrope.
Same. I've always looked at the use of "community" to justify a group as a means of covering shame. Sort of like calling smoking a "hobby". Just do what you do and enjoy it without needing to give it a label.
Think that would get me free stuff?
Didn't the FDA shut down free tobacco samples?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
What bugs me about this “community” crap is the assumption of inclusion. Get Off My Lawn is right. And take your little friend with you. Piker.

canadianpuffer

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2017
I like his videos, and I think it’s a really cool concept. I am however cheap. 12 months X .25oz = 3oz. Price is $29.88, so it’s almost $10 an ounce. I’m WAYYY to cheap to pay that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.