Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Muttnchop Piper from YouTube. Muttnchop was originally drawn to pipe smoking from The Lord of the Rings. He started working in a tobacco shop at 16-years old, and started smoking a pipe at the same time. He was in The U.S. Marine Corp. for 20-years. In Pipe Parts, Brian will discuss the differences between bulk tobacco versus tinned tobacco when it is still the same blend. There are more possibilities than you may think.
muttnchop-piper.jpg

txpiper07

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2017
Same here, his how-to videos were the first I ever watched when first started and was clueless.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I subscribe to five or six, but mostly watch Piper and Pipe Nook. I am never astounded, but my point in loving the pipe so much is sitting back relaxing and if someone wants to tell what they know to sit and listen to him. Piper has a cool looking area, btw. Hard not to look at that

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Chris always struck me as a nice guy when I met him at pipe club meetings. Haven't seen him since the YouTube videos started picking up subscribers. Guess it keeps him busy.
I like the dulcimer.. that song shared some melodies with "My Old Kentucky Home".

bluegrasspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2017
It is cool that he plays the mountain/appalachian dulcimer. I only know a few people that are proficient at the instrument. It is so quiet that you can't really compete with loud banjos and fiddles.

Anyway, I enjoy him and his videos.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Madox, you can find all of the episodes on iTunes or most any podcast app.

I use Stitcher but Podbay and a number of others work just fine.

May 4, 2015
Really enjoyed this episode and listened to his whole album on Spotify afterwards a couple times. I actually own a very nice Appalachian Dulcimer and might just be inspired to pick it back up!

Status
Not open for further replies.