Must Stop Checking Ebay

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dragonslayer
  • Latest reply from dragonslayer
  1. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My tortuous pursuit of keeping my PADs into just TADs is a true struggle. Checking out what’s available on Ebay, especially on the weekends is killing me. I must stop this, watching beautiful pipes that need a little TLC go for $12 and nice new ones for $40, is out right giving me the mental condition I’m trying to avoid. The end result is always a TAD, and a “day will come” thought in my mind. *facepalm*

How much do you think has been declined as an offer on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BO-NORDH-pipe-79-sweden-perfect-/350693252387?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D142%26meid%3D5601387242426988252%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1076%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D251225948361%26

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Wow 20g's.... *coughs* Ack aww crap tongue bite! Now look what you made me do... *shakes fist*

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes. I have to stay away too. Everytime I go look my PAD cranks up and I start getting silly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's it...20 g's that is all...c'mon. I got that in my left pocket. And mind you I keep all of most of my money in my right. LOL. That is a gorgeous pipe though.

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My guess is people may have floated offers in the 2-3 grand area. But I'm not an expert on high valued pipes.

I do wonder how much they think it's worth though...

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. mattnelson23

mattnelson23

Login to Send PM

Hey, hey! Only 7 bucks for shipping, though!

"Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?"
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. thuber88

thuber88

Login to Send PM

I would jump on it, but my money is all tied up with the state, they keep telling me if I can guess the numbers?(some sort of combination lock I imagine) then they will give me all of my funds.
    Due to various exchanges rates and interest, the amount varies from week to week...

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Most of the pipes I bought off ebay were bought because I was bored and was just browsing.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

Nice pipe, but I'm not into briars at any price; it's metals for me.

I really enjoy browsing Ebay and Etsy, as well as other sites. Even though I don't purchase briars, I still enjoy looking at them.
    My PAD problem arises from the fact that the metal pipes I love are no longer being produced (Falcons excepted), so whenever I see a vintage metal posted, I'm loathe to pass it up.

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gorgeous pipe - tho the bamboo stem is not to my taste. Still, I wouldn't offer a penny over $19,000!

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   sjfine, blueeyedogre, morton, vespertillio, huntertrw, briarfriar, cmdrmcbragg, mso489, owen, jfox520, phred, prndl, johnnyreb, chispa, tbradsim1, misterlowercase, drezz01, ivapewithfire, psychpipes, brass, lonestar, buzkirk, junkyarddawg, vfefrenzy, jjm1, mustanggt, pruss, freakiefrog