Must Stop Checking Ebay

(11 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by dragonslayer
  • Latest reply from dragonslayer
  1. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My tortuous pursuit of keeping my PADs into just TADs is a true struggle. Checking out what’s available on Ebay, especially on the weekends is killing me. I must stop this, watching beautiful pipes that need a little TLC go for $12 and nice new ones for $40, is out right giving me the mental condition I’m trying to avoid. The end result is always a TAD, and a “day will come” thought in my mind. *facepalm*

How much do you think has been declined as an offer on this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BO-NORDH-pipe-79-sweden-perfect-/350693252387?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D142%26meid%3D5601387242426988252%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1076%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D251225948361%26

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” Patrick Henry
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Wow 20g's.... *coughs* Ack aww crap tongue bite! Now look what you made me do... *shakes fist*

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yes. I have to stay away too. Everytime I go look my PAD cranks up and I start getting silly.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. bigboi

bigboi

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That's it...20 g's that is all...c'mon. I got that in my left pocket. And mind you I keep all of most of my money in my right. LOL. That is a gorgeous pipe though.

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.”
    -Albert Einstein, 1950
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My guess is people may have floated offers in the 2-3 grand area. But I'm not an expert on high valued pipes.

I do wonder how much they think it's worth though...

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. mattnelson23

mattnelson23

Login to Send PM

Hey, hey! Only 7 bucks for shipping, though!

"Are you absolutely sure there are no absolutes?"
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. thuber88

thuber88

Login to Send PM

I would jump on it, but my money is all tied up with the state, they keep telling me if I can guess the numbers?(some sort of combination lock I imagine) then they will give me all of my funds.
    Due to various exchanges rates and interest, the amount varies from week to week...

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

Most of the pipes I bought off ebay were bought because I was bored and was just browsing.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  9. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

Nice pipe, but I'm not into briars at any price; it's metals for me.

I really enjoy browsing Ebay and Etsy, as well as other sites. Even though I don't purchase briars, I still enjoy looking at them.
    My PAD problem arises from the fact that the metal pipes I love are no longer being produced (Falcons excepted), so whenever I see a vintage metal posted, I'm loathe to pass it up.

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gorgeous pipe - tho the bamboo stem is not to my taste. Still, I wouldn't offer a penny over $19,000!

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. dragonslayer

dragonslayer

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   pipestud, kingjon, foggymountain