PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

palictyton

Lurker
Feb 28, 2016
I'm Still pretty new to this site, so Hello everyone.
I've been smoking pipes for many years now by just appreciating the things that I've stumbled upon, and I would like to expand my appreciation for this fine art. Like in jazz, I often tell people that if they want to start their library that one of the must haves is Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue" album, which I believe is a great launch-pad.
Which blends of tobacco do you guys believe that would also be great launch-pads to have in my cellar?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome palic'. I'm glad to recommend blends that I happen to like. I think it will be more useful to send you to the online retail sites (our sponsors a the left of the Forums page) to do some research. Then try smallest available quantities of (for example) one aromatic, one English, and one Virginia/Perique. Stay with mild rated blends at first. The research will be a good learning curve and more helpful than random suggestions. Don't buy larger quantities for a year or two; your tastes will change and develop. The search is part of the enjoyment. Okay, for my input, get a tin of Nat Sherman 536 (the non-aromatic English) available at smokingpipes.com and other sites. Happy smoking.

palictyton

Lurker
Feb 28, 2016
So far I have:
Royal Yacht

Tudor Castle

Escudo

Nat Sherman 536 (the non-aromatic English)

Mixture 79

C&D Buffalo Soldier

Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake
Like the Nat Sherman 536 has (the non-aromatic English), can someone help me out with which category the other blends fall into?

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Hello Pal...You should go to pipesandcigars.com and research the above answers yourself. Also tobaccoreviews.com
The reason for my answer will be learned when you do this yourself. :rofl:

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
One of my favorites so far is Sutliff Private Stock Molto Dolce. It smokes so smooth and light and has a delicious vanilla flavor to it.
Cheers,

Jared

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Love to see what everyone loves. Always a great and wide variety. We are not clones/drones, that is for sure.

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Geez, you guys keep posting here and I have to keep adding all these suggestions to my P&C shopping cart! My wife is going to kill me :mrgreen: :puffy:
Cheers,

Jared

palictyton

Lurker
Feb 28, 2016
mcitinner1 ???
Got it Thanks. There is a lot of easily accessible info on each.
I guess there is truly too many to pick a spring-board sample from. I guess I shouldn't be surprised with all the different entries.
Maybe my own -floundering about- isn't such a bad thing after all, since experience will determine the truth of it. Thank you all for your support in this endeavor. I really do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.