PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazungu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2018
I was at his store in Rome near the Trevi fountain a few months ago, spend 2 lovely afternoons chatting in his store and looking at pipes. I believe the current owner is Massimo Musico, the son of Giorgio Musico. He is an extremely friendly, passionate person and great conversationalist and such a talented pipe maker that puts so much attention to detail and the artistry of the pipe. I bought one of his pipes and it is one of my best, especially the button is the most comfortable one I have. I believe he is a bit of the odd duck in the Italian pipe world, being very strongly influenced by the English style of pipe making. All of his pipes have vulcanite stems and are rather small to medium sized.

It is a shame there is not a lot if information to be found on the web. Hopefully this helps a little!
Here is a picture of me and him:
SovyD1.jpg

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
Cool... I will be there in July and hope to have a great experience also.
I have had 2 Musico pipes and I was really impressed by the craftsmanship. They are among my favorites.
For whatever reason, I feel like these Musico pipes go incredibly cheap in the estate market now. I have seen barely smoked versions of their $200+ line sell between $50-$80.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
At one time he was partners with the younger Becker. I had one of their Becker Musico pipes, which was very well done. His Foundation pipes can sometimes be found on Euro sites, and of course SPC is now selling Musico pipes. I have been eyeing them, but have not yet bought one. That day is approaching.

mauka

Lurker
May 22, 2018
I took a gamble last year and bought a Musico pipe on Smokingpipes.com. I loved it so much I bought another one. Dare I say my two Musico pipes smoke better than my Dunhill pipes? The draw on the two Musico pipes I have are amazing. One of my Musico's is a straight billiard with a silver band that often gets confused for a Dunhill. Even the guys at my B&M comment about its quality as they clean it. Just figured I'd throw in my two cents. I know it can be kind of hard to find anything about these pipes online.

Status
Not open for further replies.