PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Just a fun poll, but do those of you who enjoy listening to music while sucking on your pipe, have a specific genre for the occasion?
For me I can't imagine anything more fitting than some classic, good C&W. I only wish I had a porch and a rocking chair.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Being a DJ in the '90s scarred me. :mrgreen: Usually dark wave, techno industrial, and trance.

judcasper

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2019
Being a DJ in the '90s scarred me. [:mrgreen:] Usually dark wave, techno industrial, and trance.
8O
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/what-music-are-you-listening-to-january-2019

Every month there is a thread like this!
Well, to be fair, that thread isn't specifically asking what music you like to listen to while smoking your pipe.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Either way, that's usually what I'm listening to. Been on a big Xymox kick the past couple of days.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Mostly Buffett for me, although Neil Young, Billy Joel, Moody Blues, Gustav Holst, & Dire Straits are also high up on my lists (yeah, listS; mood-dependent. -laugh-).

Jan 8, 2013
Lately music while smoking a pipe has been stuff like The White Buffalo, Cody Jinks, Chris Stapleton. But I listen to many different genres while smoking a pipe. There are a few exceptions. Although I love it, I can't listen to metal while smoking a pipe, it ruins the relaxation and the moment for me. Hip Hop.... never liked it with or without a pipe. I really prefer relaxing music while smoking. Life is too hectic as it is, so I let my pipe smoking be a time of peace.

When I was younger, I couldn't stand silence, and I always had a TV turned on, or something spinning on the audio. Now, after years and years of raising kids, there are times when no music can sooth me, like just listening to the birds or the rustle of the wind through the bamboo.
But, I have never been one to let my music choices define me. It always seemed like people around me were choosing their clothes and lifestyles from their music selections. Black T-shirts, parachute pants, overalls, cowboy hat, long hair, tie dye, boots, barefeet... I've never been able to relate to fandom. I have never rooted for a team for longer than the game on, nor a band, nor an actor, a product, or a brand, nor anything really.

But, that said, I used to have a sign in my car, when I was a bachelor, "If music is how you define yourself, do not touch my stereo."

And nowadays, the further I get from all of that, the more relaxed I can get.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
For me I can't imagine anything more fitting than some classic, good C&W.
Isn't that an oxymoron? :)
Dire Straits! Yes!! Though I have mostly classical on, and most of my smoking with/to music is in the car. At home it's golf, computer, or TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.