PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Anyone familiar with the cube cut version? Is it the same as the flakes, just cut different or different blend altogether? Any thoughts on when they quit making this? I just acquired a few tins and was curious as to what to expect. Can't find much information on the cube-cut tins. Any information appreciated! Thanks!!

echopipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2011
What a lucky find. I know nothing about the cube cut. BUT love the flake. Good luck. And let us know how you find it.

Happy puffs

May 31, 2012
I think the cube cut is the most rare version and quite scarce to come by,

a while back there was a dood on eBay tring to sell a tin exactly like yours for $900!!!!

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/is-this-vintage-tin-worth-it

8O
I think it's the same as flake, just with the different cut, it most likely has fared very well in the screwtop tin and you will be amazed by the intense aroma when you open it!
I had a couple of tins of the flake from the same era...

p1050455-1280x854-600x400.jpg

p1050467-1280x854-600x400.jpg

p1050512-1280x854-600x400.jpg

...and the flakes were dark 'n lovely, and the scent was powerful. It's definitely a love/hate type of flavor.
The typo on the distribution stickers is sorta funny, I guess they didn't mind too much and used 'em anyway.
Your tin is most definitely pre-1974 because that's when House of Edgeworth was closed,

so at minimum it's 40 years old!
Good score!

:puffy:

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
MLC- Thanks for the info! I wonder if that guy ever got his $900 for the tin? LOL!!
The typo on the distribution stickers is sorta funny, I guess they didn't mind too much and used 'em anyway.
Good catch! I didn't even notice that! Not a lot of information about this version out there. I understand they made(make?) a plug version as well. I've smoked the newer stuff and like it, not everyday for me, but its good. I've also had some from 2005 or so which was even better:

Looking forward to trying the cube cut, its still enroute, keeping fingers crossed its not mummy dust!! :?

May 31, 2012
Please share your experience with us!
If possible, it'd be great if you could add a pic to this thread,

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pictures-of-pipe-tobacco
...I'm curious at exactly what size they cut the cubes to?
It ain't gonna be mummydust!

The magical Erinmore topping has preserved the baccy in pristine condition!
myths-legends-mummy-egyptian_mummy-curse-cursed-egyptian_curses-dto130123_low.jpg

No need for one of these:

mum-e-duster.jpg

:P

Status
Not open for further replies.