PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Has anyone ever used Murphy's Oil Soap for cleaning the outside of the bowl? Since it's advertised to remove dirt and grime it got me thinking that it might be a possibility. Obviously you'd have to cork the openings.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Here's a little experiment for you to try: put a drop or two of Murphy's Oil Soap in a non-teflon pan and heat it on the stove until it reaches combustion. Repeat the experiment with lemon juice. Which one smells better, leaves less residue and doesn't induce retching and smoke alarms? Use that one to clean your pipes.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I use it on rusticated pipes,using a toothbrush to scrub the nooks and crannies. Some guys also like "Simple Green".

sjb3

Might Stick Around
Oct 23, 2013
My mom just gave me some Murphy's oil soap for the wood grain in my new van, it made the wood come alive. I'm not sure if it would work on pipes though, i'm interested in see what others think. Maybe i'll find a cheap less used pipe in my collection and try it out. If I find the courage to do that I let ya'll know how it turned out.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
put a drop or two of Murphy's Oil Soap in a non-teflon pan and heat it on the stove until it reaches combustion.

Thanx for the tip. I'll be sure to always use it below combustion temperature.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
+1 ejames
I use a drop on an old, soft bristled, toothbrush to clean rusticated pipes. It never goes in the bowl.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.