PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I just heard those who can do this described as having the ability to pay partial attention to several things at the same time..When I worked I was a pipe smoking multi tasker.That's not condusive though to my idea of what pipe smoking is really about.When I smoke a pipe I just want to kick back,relax and enjoy the taste of a good tobacco.Now that I'm retired after 38 years of hard work I feel that I've earned the right to be just a full time pipe smoker.These days I leave the multi tasking to the high geared young folks.I have less money now,but I also have a much more relaxed life style,and time to really enjoy pipes and tobacco..What say you? Do you multi task and smoke at the same time?

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Still working, still smoking. But the Morning and Evening pipes are for contemplation and focus. The middle of the day smokes are to keep me mellow. And to keep me from killing anyone. 8)

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
I come here often when smoking my pipes and read or respond to the forums.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
I have to multitask at work all day... I don't want to do it when I am at home too!!! :) The most I will ever do while smoking is either read a book or post on the forums!

Jul 15, 2011
When I smoke, I am kicked back in front of the TV, and my senses tend to shut out everything other than the great aroma and taste of a fine tobacco.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I multitask all day long, I sit smoke My pipe and look at My ducks run around the yard, hard life but it needs being done. :rofl:

Jul 12, 2011
agree with Bubba, have to do at work...not gonna do at home..just smoke'in my pipes and read'in/post'in here

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I smoke outside, and it's usually in the early morning after work, or late evening before work, so I don't do much of anything but relax as I smoke.

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
the most ill do is play chess while i smoke or have a good conversation.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Smoke and read, smoke and walk, smoke and think Man this multitasking is a piece of cake!!

Sometimes i even do all 3 :lol:

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
After working in kitchens and having to multitask at an ungodly rate of speed all shift I now do what I want when I want. Multitasking now is smoking and reading a book.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I smoke when I smoke...that is all. I usually set that time aside to smoke. I do sometimes read when smoking, but even that doesn't seem to work for me because I am not paying attention to the tobacco.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm retired, but I have a pipe in my mouth most of the day. So I guess I do some multi tasking.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
Ditto to all the other working guys. Smoking is for sitting still and thinking. At work, others have the right to demand my attention. I smoke far from the phone and after all other required tasks ae completed.
Winton

wannafly34

Might Stick Around
Jul 7, 2011
I started because it seemed like a cool hobby that would SLOW ME DOWN! With 2 jobs and 4 young kids...it's definitely doing the trick!

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Multitask to the extreme , except for the late night smoke . Sometime between midnight and 1:30 am just before bed . Then at 5:30 it starts all over again . :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.