PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarworks

Lurker
Mar 23, 2019
Hi All,
I wanted to let you know that we are going to be have a pipe show in the BriarWorks factory starting this year! This will become a very unique and fun annual event. We have many details to work out, but for now we are trying to spread the word so everyone can save the date. Follow briarworks on social media or keep watching muletownpipeshow.com for details that will come soon.
Thanks,

Pete Prevost

MPS+Splash+Page4.png

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Columbia looks like it doesn't want to be another forgotten small town and has some people taking action to prevent it:
https://mycolumbiatn.com/
Veddy cool, methinks. :clap:
Fact: If I was younger, I'd probably move there. 8)

briarworks

Lurker
Mar 23, 2019
It has been a great move for us. There is a lot of exciting stuff happening in Columbia that is starting to set it apart from just being another town on the outskirts of Nashville. I'd like to think we have brought a really cool and unique business to the city. We've definitely had the opportunity already to get a lot of people into pipes!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
From previous posted photos of BriarWorks store and workshop, I think it is the perfect location for a pipe show, surrounded by the aura of pipe making and blending. Plenty of space and an admirable inventory. A great day in Columbia, Tennessee.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
Isn't there an event in the coming days there with Crowned Heads as well?

briarworks

Lurker
Mar 23, 2019
Here is some pipe show info!
MPS+Splash+Page5.png

511 N. Main Street

Columbia, TN 38401

931-223-8985

http://www.muletownpipeshow.com
SHOW SCHEDULE
Friday, August 30
Lounge Hours: Noon - 2 AM
Factory Tour & Pipe Finishing Demo: 6 PM
SATURDAY, AUGUST 31
Vendor Setup: 9 AM
Lounge Hours: 10 AM - 2 AM
Show Hours: 11 AM - 5 PM
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
Vendor Setup: 10 AM
Lounge Hours: 10 AM - Midnight
Show Hours: 11 AM - 5 PM
TICKET INFO
$10 - Purchased in advance / $15 at the door
All tickets include a Muletown Pipe Show t-shirt and goodie bag. The t-shirt and goodie bag will be delivered on site at the show. For tickets purchased in advance, please specify your t-shirt size.
VENDOR INFO
Full 8 ft tables and half tables will be available to vendors. Chairs will be provided with the tables and vendors will also receive a t-shirt. The t-shirt will be delivered on site at the show. Please specify your t-shirt size when booking.
Half Table: $50
Full Table: $100
FOOD/BEVERAGE
In addition to a number of local restaurants within walking distance of the show, there will be food trucks on site and our lounge will have coffee, a large selection of craft beer, and other non-alcoholic beverages available for purchase. Due to legal/insurance reasons this is a 21+ event and we won’t be able to allow BYOB on site.
Our lounge includes a large selection of bulk and tinned pipe tobacco, a walk-in humidor with premium cigars, and accessories as well as darts, arcade games, and comfortable seating.
TRANSPORTATION
Uber and Lyft services are available in Columbia.
HOTEL
The Baymont by Wyndham hotel in Columbia is offering a special room rate for Muletown Pipe Show attendees. Mention you are attending the show to make sure you get the discounted rate. The hotel is about an 8 minute drive from BriarWorks.
The room rate for show attendees is $85 + tax. Call 931-548-2950 for reservations.
Baymont by Wyndham
715 James M Campbell Blvd South, Columbia, TN 38401

laniromee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2018
I really wanted to attend as BW is my favorite factory brand and the new shop in Columbia looks great in pictures, but I'm not even from the US. Maybe someday. I hope you guys have a great time there!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This illustrates the importance of small businesses like pipe shops and workshops, in sustaining and reviving small towns and cities that otherwise are being left behind. A few thriving businesses can bring great places back to life. My wife grew up in a fairly remote rural area with scattered small towns. It's heartbreaking to see some of these hanging on, with collapsed storefronts and closing post offices and schools. The cement of the community just erodes one business and community gathering place at a time. Most churches have circuit-riding ministers who drive to several churches on a Sunday morning. So here's to Columbia TN, Sparta NC, Washington Mo, and other places. These businesses matter and are life rafts to their towns.

creeldaddy

Lurker
May 9, 2019
I'll be there also born and raised in Columbia and can't wait to meet some of y'all briarworks is great for our town and im happy they are here and was able to get me to drop cigarettes really enjoying my new hobby of pipes don't even miss the cigs.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
We made it. 5 hour drive took 9 hours due to accidents. Anybody in the area should come out. Come by The Pipery table and say hi!

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
We spent the better part of the afternoon and evening there... shooting darts, tossing cornhole... smoking copious amounts of Lady N.
I wasn't prepared for the tobacco selection they offer.. a very nice wall of tins indeed.
See y'all tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.