PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I don't know Tony, but his listings were great. I really liked the picture in picture thing he did. I would drool over some of the pipes he had for sale. I hope his health turns around for the better.

Dec 24, 2012
I bought a few pipes from Tony as well, including my Sasieni Ashford. He is a gentleman and very pleasant to deal with. I will miss his auctions and his wonderful and informative descriptions. I hope his retirement is long and pleasant.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I've also purchased from Tony and more importantly, exchanged some communications about various pipes. He was always gracious with his time and responses. I had always hoped to meet him some day. My mother-in-law went thru the same medical issue he describes (and didn't get attention in time). I hope Tony did get his issues corrected in time to enjoy his retirement. I'll definitely send him some well-wishes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
To build a reputation of goodwill and honor on ebay is a distinguished achievement.

uncleblackie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2014
I never purchased anything from him, BUT HE HAD REALLY NICE PIPES!!! Was very tempted by some of the ULTRA RARE KAYWOODIE PIPES HE HAD FOR SALE!!!

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
This is a great loss for the pipe community, both to collectors and to those interested in the history of our hobby. In the lost years of my youth one man might say to another "you are a gentleman and a scholar". Sometimes it was said ironically, sometimes humorously, sometimes literally. Tony Soderman exemplifies the last case. I hope he makes a full recovery of his health, and enjoys many years spent with family and friends.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Tony is definitely a force of nature! I've bought a few pipes from him, sold a couple pipes to him, and enjoyed some very interesting and engaging correspondence with him. I hope that he gets well soon and fully enjoys retirement.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Perhaps Kevin can contact Tony and obtain his history information files. Tony's information provided in his EBay listings was better than most others I have seen.
Information should be preserved and not lost.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
It's sad to watch the hobby age. Tony is a generous friend and confidant, he's a student of pipes and a real character. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.