PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
Its Mr. B's (Brighams) version of Dunhill's Yacht Club. I've never had Dunhill's before so I couldn't tell you how close it was.
Initially opening the tin it had a fairly nice smell, I kind of thought apple juice for a while, haha. It smoked fairly well, I think I left it slightly too moist but I probably got half the bowl smoked on the initial light, which doesn't happen often for me.
I didn't expect it to be so mild! I don't think I could have gotten tongue bite from it if I tried, it was nice. I could take a few pretty good puffs close together without burning my tongue like my W.Ø. Larson Old Fashioned I just finished. I thought I was so happy to be done that stuff and now I kind of miss it. Maybe I do like a strong tobacco more than I thought I did. I just finished the first bowl 15 minutes ago and I can barely taste it in my mouth it seems.
It wasn't bad, just very mild. At least I now know that maybe I should stick with stronger blends.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I think it is a relatively new thing, I only started seeing the two shops in town start carrying them this past year, this is the first one I've tried. The one shop got in a bunch of pouches, a number of different flavours, I might buy a pack yet and explore some more of their stuff. And I think they might be just available in Canada at this point, I haven't recalled seeing them on any U.S site, whereas a few different Canadian ones I have.
I realize my initial post sort of jumbled comments on two different tobaccos in the same sentences. To clarify, this Yacht club was very mild and smooth with no bite, whereas the W.Ø. Larson was much stronger.
It will likely take me a few more bowls to really decide if its something I'd buy again or not.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Wow that is dirt cheap for Canada. I've tried the Mark Twain and it's really nice, I have a sample of Muskoka Mix but havent found the time to try it yet. My local b&m stocks these so I may have to try some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.