Mr. Brog Pipes - Different & Affordable

(93 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Kevin Godbee
  • Latest reply from guitarguy86
  1. admin

Kevin Godbee

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Please say hello to our new sponsor, Mr. Brog Pipes.

They've been making pipes since 1948, but this is the first time they are readily available in the USA. There are some unique designs and the prices are affordable for anybody.

Check Out Our - Pipes Podcast
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. lonestar

lonestar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cool. Looks like a neat company.

-Ryan Alden
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nice prices, Thanks Kevin.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. pstlpkr

Lawrence

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Welcome aboard!
    Mr. Brog Pipes, I've visited your site on several prior occasions.
    I will do so again.

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put." Winston Churchill
    View Lawrence  Whitcomb's profile on LinkedIn
    Posted 7 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Now Kevin really is a turd - I thought I was done spending money on PAD for now. Damn you Kevin

Thanks for the link and a new product - definitely will have to check them out!

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. yuri66

yuri66

Login to Send PM

Kevin,

Thanks for posting, Just the web site was fun to play with, I like things that go round and round and from my short visit I think the prices were great too.

Yuri

Posted 7 years ago #
  7. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I saw that new member aussielass has a Mr. Brog pipe on the way and I thought, "Mr. Brog? Never heard of them!" and suddenly I see this thread. I'll have to check them out now, as I am intrigued.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.
    -C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Has anyone here had any experience with pear wood?

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. olderthandirt

OTD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've watched the Mr Brog pipes for sale on eBay for several months now. Many good looking pipes at killer pricing for sure. I've also heard from a few pipers that have purchased these, all have been pleased.

Snus, snuff and briar.
    Not much more required in a day.
    Brian from Oregon USA
    Posted 7 years ago #
  10. nikko

nikko

Login to Send PM

Has anyone here had any experience with pear wood?

+1

I'm also really intrigued about the pear wood pipes.

Posted 7 years ago #
  11. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They have an army pipe made our of pear wood on Amazon that is pretty cool. That Maestro's a nice looking pipe as well. I personally have no experience with pear wood, but have read online reviews that say it holds up just fine.

Posted 7 years ago #
  12. abecox

abecox

Login to Send PM

Sounds like it fits in my budget! So how does Pearwood smoke anyways?

Posted 7 years ago #
  13. sherlock

sherlock

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a pear wood pipe. I am not sure who made it but Mr. Brog sounds familiar. I like this pipe a lot. The first couple of bowls had a little bit of an odd taste, but I think it was from the precarb that was on it because I have had this taste on some savs that had it. Other than you wouldn't even know it wasn't briar except for the texture in your hand. I use mine as flake pipe.

Posted 7 years ago #
  14. pipetrucker

pipetrucker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This is a new brand to me, but I like some of those shapes and you certainly can't squawk about the prices.

Mason

And though it is much to be a nobleman, it is more to be a gentleman. - Anthony Trollope
    Posted 7 years ago #
  15. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Has anyone here had any experience with pear wood

The one review on Amazon which comes up when you click on ordering was not favorable.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 7 years ago #
  16. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

so they are good? because i see them all over ebay

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 7 years ago #
  17. pentangle

pentangle

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pear wood can burn easily ,you have to pay a lot attempion and isn't long-lasting as briar.If you whould like a new experience try to get a pipe made of olive-tree.Not reliable as briar but better than pear

turn on,tune in,drop out
    Posted 7 years ago #
  18. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Hi All,
    Introducing myself here, Mr. Brog from Poland.
    Thanks for giving my pipes a chance in your collection, we hope to serve you well over the next many years.
    Most of our pipes are being sold on Amazon and are shipped very fast to US and Canada destinations.
    While I notice a lot of you guys like to shop on Ebay, I will try to expand my Ebay presence as well, but for now, make sure when you buy on Ebay that the product is shipped from the US, otherwise shipping can take up to 20 days.
    I hope to have a good relationship with all you fellow smokers here on pipesmagazine, and will keep you posted on any updates and news.
    And, Oh yes, before I forget, I notice you guys love Kevin, so I just want to tell you that over my many years in this industry in Europe, I never came across someone with that much passion for the pipe as Kevin.
    I thought originally that I was going to have some promotion-business style relationship with him, but I quickly discovered he's all about pipes and nothing about business, so cheers to him, and you all.
    Puff Puff
    Mr. Brog

Posted 7 years ago #
  19. igloo

igloo

Beware Trouble Maker

Login to Send PM

Mr Brog those are some great looking pipes you have . Hope to add one to my collection soon .

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 7 years ago #
  20. buster

buster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mr. Brog, the choice of woods you use are interesting. Pear,peach,oak! I am new to the pipe world but I only hear about briar. Are these woods common in the European market? Can you tell us more about these choices in wood? I especially like the military pipe with the wind cap! Also that stout scoot pipe! Very cool shapes and great prices I must say. I feel I will have to make a few of these mine very soon.

Think slow, act fast.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  21. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Most of our pipes are being sold on Amazon

Great, one of my favorite non pipes stores - a place where I once thought I would be safe from PAD. no so much anymore !!!

Looked at some of your pipes Mr. Brog, and I can definitely see adding a number of them to my collection.

Posted 7 years ago #
  22. robert76

robert76

Login to Send PM

I just bought 3 of the pear wood pipes. Will Give a review soon.

Posted 7 years ago #
  23. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Mr. Brog, the choice of woods you use are interesting. Pear, Oak! I am new to the pipe world but I only hear about briar. Are these woods common in the European market? Can you tell us more about these choices in wood?

Hi Buster, We appreciate your questions.
    The history of Mr. Brog pipes goes back more then 50 years, and we have been serving mostly the Countries surrounding the Carpathian mountains, such as Ukraine, Poland and Slovakia.
    While pipe smoking is extremely popular in these Countries, probably the highest percentage rate then any other place, financially we have been on the poor side of the line (maybe that's why we smoke so much, some stress relieve), so that forced us to go look for alternatives to Briar Wood.
    While Briar Wood is still better then anything else out there, we put a lot of effort to bring you a quality alternative, we cut the trees only in special seasons of the year, and we have a special drying process of over 2 years before we do any carving.
    While a Briar pipe might last a little longer, if you do the math and buy a few pear-woods for the same price as 1 Briar, together they will last even longer, and you will have a choice of pipes to show off on different occasions, and for yourself to enjoy as well.
    Now about the smoke and taste itself, we happen to get great great feedback from our consumers about the smoke and taste of these woods, some would even prefer it over Briar, but you know as they say "Choice of Flavor and Smell cannot be disputed or dueled, since every body likes something else".
    I will tell you this, we sell about 5,000 pipes a Month now, and 65% of them are not Briar, so I guess that gives you an idea what consumers here in Easters Europe think about it.
    Puff Puff.
    Mr Brog

Posted 7 years ago #
  24. chops

chops

Login to Send PM

Some nice looking pipes here. Looking to buy my first pipe other than my corncob. This one looks particularly interesting:
    http://www.amazon.com/Briar-Pipe-Maestro-Wood-Hand/dp/B005JZBR6M/ref=as_li_tf_cw?&linkCode=waf&tag=mrbrog00-20

What say you pipe smokers? I have never smoked a briar and I am a little unsure of buying sight unseen but this seems like a great deal (?)

Posted 7 years ago #
  25. admin

Kevin Godbee

Smoking a Pipe Right Now

Login to Send PM

Chops - that looks like a really nice pipe and a really nice price. I say go for it. You only live once.

Posted 7 years ago #
  26. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mr. Brog, where do the oak wood pipes fall in to this order? Are they about the same quality as the pear wood? I really like the look of that oak vine no. 28.

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 7 years ago #
  27. dongreyface

DonGreyface

Login to Send PM

That churchwarden has really caught my eye.

Please allow me to adjust my pants,
    so that I may dance the good time dance,
    and put all the on-lookers and inocent bystanders into a trance.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  28. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Dhizzy wrote: where do the oak wood pipes fall in to this order? Are they about the same quality as the pear wood?

Well I actually think it's better then pearwood, I love the natural grains on it, and I also love the slghht taste that it adds.
    Although you might have to be extra careful at the first few smoke, don't over-smoke it, and let it rest more between the first 3-4 smokes, but after that you can enjoy it for a very very long time.
    dongreyface wrote: That churchwarden has really caught my eye.

Well, let it catch your hands now.
    If seeing is believing, what is holding in your hands and feeling it all about?

PS: Check out our ebay store as well, we have weekly auctions on special products that are not regularly available, like this Tabor-Churchwarden Pipe # 16 with Hand Engraved with Floral Design
    Check it out: Mr. Brog Ebay Store

Posted 7 years ago #
  29. mike68

mike68

Login to Send PM

Very nice looking lumber on the website....

Posted 7 years ago #
  30. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mr. Brog,
    I am excited to have discovered your collection. I have noticed a few pipes mention their use of a 9mm filter. The old army specifically mentions that the pipe amokes without it. Others like the vine no. 28 just say they have the filter. With any of your filtered pipes, how does smoking filterless work? As simple as throwing away the filter and never thinking about it again, or do you need some sort of converter to prevent damage to the pipe like savinelli's use?

Thanks,

--Anthony

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 7 years ago #
  31. dongreyface

DonGreyface

Login to Send PM

Everytime I look across this thread, I tend to switch a couple letters in my mind, so I see "Mr. BORG". And then I think "resistance is futile. Prepare to be assimilated." And I just find that funny because they are very atractive pipes that are cheap to get. I don't know, it makes sense in my mind.

Posted 7 years ago #
  32. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

undecagon wrote: With any of your filtered pipes, how does smoking filterless work? As simple as throwing away the filter and never thinking about it again, or do you need some sort of converter to prevent damage to the pipe like savinelli's use?

Hi,
    Yes, it's as easy as "throwing it away and never thinking about it again", and yes that's true to all our 9mm pipes, I just didn't get around to adding that info yet.
    You see, it's all about how you drill the pipe. Our pipes smoke great without the filter, it's just that it has the ability (place in stem) to use 'with' a filter in you prefer so.
    Puff Puff
    Mr. Brog

Posted 7 years ago #
  33. jaybird

jaybird

Login to Send PM

Cool, thanks.

Posted 7 years ago #
  34. pipeninjamaster

Jessica

Login to Send PM

Darn the one my hubby wanted is not available

Posted 7 years ago #
  35. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

pipeninjamaster wrote: Darn the one my hubby wanted is not available [:(]

Hi, Thanks for making me aware that it's not available, I just spoke to Amazon, they said they lost their inventory on this one (is it really so good that somebody inside should take it?).
    So I re-posted it from my inventory and it should be available in 15 minutes.
    Although the ones in my inventory are the Red Mahogany finish.
    Puff Puff
    Mr. Brog

Posted 7 years ago #
  36. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Although the ones in my inventory are the Red Mahogany finish.

Thanks Mr. Brog, we like the shape, actually we both like the red mahogany look a little better - so think we will be ordering this one !!

Thanks again!

edit: wife let me order it

Posted 7 years ago #
  37. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Hello fellow smokers!
    Just in case you didn't notice, we're having continuous auctions on our ebay store.
    Ebay.com/MrBrog
    This pipe is a 37 Viking, with a Hand Engraved Floral Design, not something in our regular inventory, check it out.
    Also, make sure to sign up to our Ebay store, so you get a message every time we post something. Mr. Brog Ebay Subscribe

Posted 7 years ago #
  38. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very interested in one of the pear pipes, they look fantastic, i just dont know... anyone have any experience at all so i can justify my college grocery money on a new pipe?

Congress seems to believe that 'Children are our future' is a phrase coined by tobacco advertisers.
    Jef I. Richards
    Posted 7 years ago #
  39. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

anyone have any experience at all so i can justify my college grocery money on a new pipe?

I bought one recently and so far, so good, here's a little write up I did:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/mr-brog-pipe-review

Posted 7 years ago #
  40. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Hi All,

For the first time ever, we are having an auction on Ebay for a "Briar Pipe" starting at only $0.99

See here: Ebay.com/MrbBrog

Enjoy the bidding, and good luck on wining.

Posted 7 years ago #
  41. nbpiper

nbpiper

Login to Send PM

Some nice looking pipes on there. But before I get too interested, I couldn't find anything on the site about shipping. Don't want to sound stupid, but do you ship worldwide? I assume you do, but want to double check.

Posted 7 years ago #
  42. riptide

Charles

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

he has warehousing in the U.S. so they ship from here.

Charles D. Wilemon
    Posted 7 years ago #
  43. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Yes, we ship worldwide, although it takes a but longer.

Posted 7 years ago #
  44. jaybird

jaybird

Login to Send PM

Many of the pipes from ebay.ca have free shipping in Canada, not bad. The deal keeps getting sweeter.

Posted 7 years ago #
  45. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Hi All,
    This beautiful Briar on Ebay auction, ending today.
    Right now it's only at around $10, don't m miss out.

Posted 7 years ago #
  46. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

The Old Army # 21 is now available in three different finishes.

Posted 7 years ago #
  47. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Mr Brog, Check your PMs, they are on the right side of the main forum page

Posted 7 years ago #
  48. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i have a 9mm pipe along same styly but its not a Brog, anyhow i really like it for course baccy, but i find if i smoke it without the filter the draw is way too open, otherwise its great

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  49. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

RecentlMy wife got me a Mr. Brog for Christmas!(not a great shot but its the one on the right). She asked me to send her a few links to different things I wanted so she could just pick a thing or two out. Strange thing, the pipe I got was like a cross between two I sent her:
    http://www.amazon.com/Tobacco-Smoke-Pipe-Tabachos-Equivalent/dp/B0064GR3VS/ref=tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=mrbrog00-20
    Here's the other:
    http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Pipe-Kentucky-Pear-Wood/dp/B005WXV270/ref=tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=mrbrog00-20

She purchased the pear wood # 41 which is a really decent pipe that I love. Just wondering though; has anyone else received something that was different or a variation fromt what was ordered? The difference being that the bowl on the # 41 I received is rusticated. I'm not complaining, its just good to know such things like another recent thread I saw about how Grabow's that are pictured sometimes aren't what you receive. IDK, maybe I shoulda started a fresh thread with this but I don't want to start a post that disses Mr. Brog b/c they make a great pipe, the buying experience was just a bit whacky for her(And I should note, it was through Amazon). She was pretty nervous that I wouldn't like it but I said, HEY! That's awesome! It's a hybrid of the two I wanted! Thank you honey!

Posted 7 years ago #
  50. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

well i bid on one for $2.00 and it was accepted so i paid via paypal. Next day they said i couldnt git it cause they accepted my bid by mistake. Anyway i did git my money back so that was good, but ill never deal with em again!!!!

Posted 7 years ago #
  51. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

hmmmmm. Thanks fisher

Posted 7 years ago #
  52. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

To NSFISHER:
    We are so sorry to hear you had complications buying a Brog pipe, but we have to guess that the seller wasn't us directly, is was probably a reseller out of Ukraine etc.
    To prove ourselves right, we are willing to sell you a pipe for $2+shipping, please email us at MrBrog@MrBrog.com for the details.
    To DHIZZY:
    We had various versions of that model, so we kept on changing photos according to what we had in stock.
    You should have gotten EXACTLY what you saw in the photo at time of purchase.
    To Everybody Else:
    We have restocked our inventory after we sold out during the holiday season.
    Check us out at our Amazon Store: Amazon Store or at http://www.MrBrog.com
    Search us on Ebay as well, but watch our for international scammers, buy from the MrBrog seller only, because we stock in the USA and ship fast, and we back our products.

Posted 7 years ago #
  53. brewshooter

Brewshooter

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm planning on firing up my new Mr. Brog again this weekend. It's a solid pipe!

Posted 7 years ago #
  54. wildcat

wildcat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Awesome note from Mr. Brog! I like a man/company that can say "Hey, I made a mistake and I want to fix it!" Cheers Mr. Brog, I will be making a purchase too...

...now how about developing a discount ordering code for all your freinds here on Pipesmagazine.com! LOL!

For whereas men of an older school, like myself, smoke for the pleasure of smoking...
    A.A. Milne
    Posted 7 years ago #
  55. seakayak

seakayak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like the classic style pipes and notice several pieces that are definitely of interest. Welcome aboard, Mr. Brog. It's good to meet you.

Posted 7 years ago #
  56. dhintonca

dhintonca

Login to Send PM

I couldn't resist - I've ordered an Army #31!!

Cheers, Dallas
    Posted 7 years ago #
  57. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Actually this was not Mr Brog's problem. It was a reseller of his pipes accepted the bid then rejected it afterwards. Great recovery from that problem.

FYI, I just ordered one of these pipes from Amazon.

Winton

Posted 7 years ago #
  58. pawpaw

pawpaw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

first time i have read this thread and i must say i am Impressed with Mr Brog
    i will be buying a Mr Brog this year

Posted 7 years ago #
  59. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well that makes 2 of us that r now impressed, What a huge offer from Mr.Brogs. Any man that will make an offer like he just did to me, is a man i certainly will do business with anytime!!!!!

And after researching my problem, i find that it is indeed a comp from the Ukraine,(Watson's) and NOT Mr.Brogs that made the bogus deal.

Posted 7 years ago #
  60. dhintonca

dhintonca

Login to Send PM

I should have typed Army #21! I'm eagerly waiting!

Posted 7 years ago #
  61. mike68

mike68

Login to Send PM

Sounds like a "small businessman" trying to do right by his customers/clients even if it wasn't his problem in the first place! OUTSTANDING customer service...going to check out/purchase a Mr. Brog pipe right now!

Posted 7 years ago #
  62. mrbrog

mrbrog

Login to Send PM

Hey all,
    I'm looking into doing a special coupon for PM readers, where do you buy mostly, on Amazon or Ebay?
    Huff & Puff & Love
    Mr. Brog

Posted 7 years ago #
  63. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought my brog on amazon, but mostly my other stuff on ebay

Posted 7 years ago #
  64. dhintonca

dhintonca

Login to Send PM

Like jchaplick I bought mine on Amazon -- it's easier and cheaper for shipping to Canada.

Posted 7 years ago #
  65. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I bought off Amazon two days ago. Apparently it shipped today.

Winton

Posted 7 years ago #
  66. wildcat

wildcat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I use amazon Mr Brog

Posted 7 years ago #
  67. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

How did I miss this thread? I love that little "Scoot" nosewarmer! One of these is definitely in my future!

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 7 years ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

where do you buy mostly, on Amazon or Ebay?

I have not bought one of these pipes yet but I would say if I were going to buy one I would use Amazon. I don't find myself much looking at E Bay.

Posted 7 years ago #
  69. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

i use 75% ebay. i didnt c a link for using pay pal on amazon

Posted 7 years ago #
  70. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

I just quit using ebay and paypal for now. I do use Amazon frequently, though and always look for the free shipping option.

Posted 7 years ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ssjones, mikethompson, jfred, chasingembers, leafsmoker