PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I recently watched a pleasant movie called The River Why, about a young angler who sets out on his own to find fish and philosophical insight. Two different characters regularly smoked pipes in the movie. It is available for instant play on Netflix. I really enjoyed it.

Jul 15, 2011
I've also heard this movie has Amber Heard in her birthday suit, for what its worth. Yowza!
Seems to make sense to me that theres pipe smoking in the movie. Dont pipes and fishing kind of go hand in hand? I should hop on Netflix and check it out. You know...for the pipe smoking....and Amber Heard...um, yeah.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
William Hurt plays Henning Hale Orviston, or "H2O," the father of the main character, Gus. I find it interesting that William Hurt once again plays the snooty father of a young man who flees into nature to seek meaning. I'm a big fan of Into the Wild. H2O smokes a cob. ...maybe an MM Legend?
Dallas Roberts plays the philosophical friend of Gus, named Titus, who smokes a pipe that I don't recognize. Truth is, I wouldn't recognize many pipes on sight because I'm pretty new to the hobby. If you watch the movie and recognize the pipe, I would like to know what it is.
The movie is based on a novel by David James Duncan, which I will likely pick up.
And yes, Amber Heard is indeed purty. Her character in this movie, Eddie, is great.
On another note, the musical score for this movie is excellent, in my humble opinion.
Cheers,

Bill

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I watched this movie last week after reading about it on the forum. Was a good movie to watch when you have no idea what to watch. I also find myself thinking about this movie from time to time after watching it; I judge a movie's quality based on the after affect it has on me even if I can't explain why.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
I saw it today. FYI, William Hurt smokes a cob and the philosopher buddy smokes a freehand w/a plateau top. Amber Heard was smoking too! :wink:

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Amber Heard smoking pipes! Sounds like a good movie will have to catch it sometime
OOPPS sorry! Amber Heard, smoking pipes!

Rule #9 A properly placed comma makes all the difference!
:rofl: :rofl:

trailspike48

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 15, 2013
I looked for this one on Dish Networks free movies. Darn, it wasn't listed. I'll have to rent it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.