PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
So I think it would be awesome to have a forum area for reviews on movies,
and maybe we can even broaden that to being able to talk about movies, games, and music albums...
That might be cool.
Edit: Moved to General Discussion, L.

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
That being said, I would like to try to save you guys a little money...
Dont go see the new paranormal activity... If you have seen one, you have seen them all...

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I saw Sinister last weekend. It was really good I thought. More creepy than scary but it had its moments.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
The last 2 movies I saw were Hotel Transylvania and finding Nemo...
My 2 boys get to pick out the movies we see!
I usually watch Netflix or use Redbox

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Yeah after Paranormal activity 2... I just stopped watching them.
@Juvat... My daughter and I really want to see Sinister (she took after me with her fascination of horror movies)
Problem with movie theaters now-a-days... its like $80 for a family of four to see a movie 8O ... and on top of that almost all movies in the last couple of years have been either sequels or re-makes :(
Has anyone seen Looper yet?

jsiddle

Sep 24, 2012
Has anyone seen Looper yet?
It was pretty good if you can follow those type of movies where the timeline isnt straightforward, theres a lot of jumping into past, future, present, etc

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
Problem with movie theaters now-a-days... its like $80 for a family of four to see a movie ... and on top of that almost all movies in the last couple of years have been either sequels or re-makes
I hear ya. I have to admit though, I'm lucky. My ex-gf (were still friends) took a part time job at the local AMC theater about 4 years ago and as a result I get to see movies for free with her, including IMAX movies. Concessions are still full price, but when you don't have to buy tickets, it doesn't sting as bad.
Every once in awhile she mentions quitting and I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Free movies is like getting free groceries! :P

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
It was pretty good if you can follow those type of movies where the timeline isnt straightforward, theres a lot of jumping into past, future, present, etc
Yeah thats not a problem for me... is full action?
My ex-gf (were still friends) took a part time job at the local AMC theater about 4 years ago and as a result I get to see movies for free with her, including IMAX movies.
Thats frickin awesome!... I need to find me a mistress that works at a movie theater, I wonder if my wife will let me... I mean she's going to reap the rewards as well right? :P
Every once in awhile she mentions quitting and I'm like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Free movies is like getting free groceries!
actually better... I think movies are more expensive

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
The last movie I paid to see was Jurassic Park. That was about 20 years ago.

It was okay, but I'm glad I only paid a dollar to see it.
Before that I used to enjoy seeing any movie with Hayley Mills.

That was a long time ago. :rofl:

Mills.jpg

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I recently picked up a copy of Tokyo Gore Police and The Machine Girl. I think my wife has a copy of Visitor Q ordered, but I can't remember if it's in yet or not. I only watch good gore and shock films, or slapstick comedies starring Chevy Chase. The last movie we paid to watch was The Inglorious Bastards, which wasn't bad, but not good.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
last Friday was Argo and today was Alex Cross. I would recommend both. the nice thing about being old we get to see new movies on the Ultra screen for $4.50

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I enjoyed the original Paranormal Activity that was called The Blair Witch Project, but the PA movies didn't appeal to me.
Last movie I saw in the theater was Dark Knight Rises. Definitely a movie worth catching if you're into comic movies or just good action suspense movies with a good plot twist.
It takes a really good movie to get me to the theater these days. The rest of the year I might see one movie and that'll be The Hobbit.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
Hotel Transylvania
I took my three daughters to see it and it was worth it!
I usually wait until movies are out on DVD and pick em up. That being said, the last one I really enjoyed out of the Red Box was "The Grey". I own a few that are near and dear..."Christine", "Stand by Me." I usually enjoy drama and suspense. One of the MOST suspenseful movies I ever saw was "No Country for Old Men." It was incredible. I really enjoyed a movie (that I would consider a sleeper) called "There Will be Blood."

lankfordjl

Sep 29, 2011
Texas
I haven't been to the movies in well over a year, maybe two. If we want to see a movie, we usually wait and view it on Netflix or rent it through Amazon.
The rest of the year I might see one movie and that'll be The Hobbit.
Absolutely! I'm paying to see it in the theater. I'm a Tolkien fan.

juvat270

Aug 1, 2011
I agree, The Hobbit is going to be great, but I also can't wait for Spielberg's new movie "Lincoln". I'm a junkie for historical dramas!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTA5rdz51XI

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
One of the MOST suspenseful movies I ever saw was "No Country for Old Men." It was incredible. I really enjoyed a movie (that I would consider a sleeper) called "There Will be Blood."
+1 ...both of those films are very, very good...imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.