PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Being a huge Tarantino fan I couldn't wait to see this movie. Me and the wife went to see a matinee yesterday afternoon and I chose this movie. Right from the beginning you can tell its a Tarantino flick. It's a long movie, like most his are, at 2:45. It kept me entertained the whole time though. If you don't like a overly gory movies then don't watch. I feel it was probably an accurate description of who some slave owners treated their slaves, which is a shame. I would definitely recommend this movie, but the effects aren't such that it must be seen in the theaters, a simple rental on Netflix or through your cable provider will work. Also there are a few pipe smoking scenes which made this a 5/5 for me. Hope you enjoy.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Saw this at the drive-in a few days ago and I agree it was very entertaining. Lots of action, gore and humor. Definitely don't need to see it on the big screen though.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I am a big fan of the "real" Django (Franco Nero) and also enjoy most of what Tarantino gets involved with so when I first heard rumors about this film I was excited to see it. Then I found out that it has nothing to do with Django, the lead role was filled by an actor that I do not care much for and I it made me feel a little bitter towards the whole project. I am hoping by the time it comes to Netflix that I will be over my disappointment because it sounds like a great flick!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I still have to watch The Man with the Iron Fists. I have my doubts though.
Django Unchained looks less ridiculous.
Don't get me wrong, I loved Four Rooms, Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and the Kill Bill's, but his latest stuff looks like it might disappoint me.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I'm probably not as sophisticated as most but I enjoyed it.. they could have shortened it up by 20 mins or so.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
More and more I find that Tarrantino movies are not for me these days. Can't put a logical idea together why. I liked the old stuff, just no desire to see some of the new things that have been coming out.
Thing is. I'll watch anything with zombies in it, nomatter how dumb it is. Go figure.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Caught this the other night with my sons we laughed our way through the entire movie. Honest to God, the Weinstein brothers must keep a shrine to QT in their respective homes! That cat's movies are are always good for at least a 75mil box office and if Tarentino wants to play revisionist historian - ala Inglorious Basterds and Django - then what the hell.
Is Django as good as Reservoir Dogs? No. Pulp Fiction? Hell, no. But I'll give QT full on credit for resurrecting the careers of some wonderful actors like Robert Foster, Michael Parks and, believe it or not, John Travolta. Django was also fun picking out actors from the past in well done cameos. How long has it been since anybody saw Don Stroud on screen? Lee Horsely? Robert Carradine?
A number of the scenes in Django meandered or just didn't really fit in the story line. And his musical scoring seems questionable at best. But, Tarentino always has fun with his movies and I always have fun watching them.
Tucker, most people wish that QT would stay behind the camera but I never mind seeing him on screen I just didn't understand why he thought he was moving the story line along by adopting an Australian accent. I mean, WTH?
Fnord

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
It’s Tarantino, what can you say. It’s going to be long, have incredibly unique characters with wild bloody action scenes and be controversial. A text book QT film…

Status
Not open for further replies.