Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Mountain Camp fans??

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ofarrell

Login to Send PM

I’d always enjoyed Nightcap very much. So when it decided to be no longer available I googled for something similar. One wise prophet recommended C&D’s Mountain Camp. Actually saying MC was better. I purchased some and have never looked back. While I’m not good at separating all the flavors I hear mentioned in reviews such as hay, prairie grass, leather and humus from a dark German forest in October; I do recognize that MC (to me) tastes and smokes absolutely delicious. It’s heavenly flavor is better than more expensive tobaccos I have smoked. Another advantage is that it can be purchased in bulk. And at a reasonable cost. All tobaccos I enjoy now are put up and rated against MC. It’s tops in my humble opinion.

Posted 1 week ago #
  2. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had a few oz of MC back years ago, when I was exploring latakia blends. It is a very good blend. But, I found that I preferred Poplar Camp, because of the perique content. I first smoked it while working in the yard, and had to set down for a bit to keep from blowing chunks. This sealed the deal for me. The closer to throwing up or passing out a blend gets me, the more I like it. JK... sort of.
    But, I need to revisit Mountain Camp. It's always good to see if your tastes change.

Michael
    Posted 1 week ago #
  3. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

ofar', you sent me back to look at the tobacco page on this one, and Cosmic on Poplar Camp as well. I'm a big fan of C&D, and these sound interesting.

Posted 1 week ago #
  4. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sounds very interesting. Here I was thinking I had finished acquiring new blends.

Posted 1 week ago #
  5. dethmutt

dethmutt

Login to Send PM

Ill have to give it a try! But I honestly have no hope that it will fill my Nightcap void... Some things cant be replaced

Posted 1 week ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Nightcap is/was a classic.

Posted 1 week ago #
  7. sittingbear

sittingbear

Login to Send PM

I love MC. I agree, I think it is very similar to Nightcap, only better. I just received a pound of it from a very generous friend (thanks Jeff!).

Posted 1 week ago #
  8. derhammer

derhammer

Login to Send PM

That's awesome. Thank you for this, I too has been looking for substitute for it

Pierre
    Posted 1 week ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ofarrell

Login to Send PM

Enjoy gentlemen!

Posted 1 week ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   adforbes, autumnfog