PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I was finally able to speak with Herbert. For my personal order, placed before talk of group order, he can only supply 16x 100g and only half of that in uncut rope. This marks the end of his current supply. His tobacco requires aging. The next batch will not be ready until Late Feb of 2016. I will keep in touch with him and work out the logistics for our large order come Feb. My plan, to keep things far more simple, will be to...

1) setup a PayPal account specifically for this purpose

2) obtain USPS SHIPPING supplies

3) place an order for roughly 12kg of Strang (paid by me)

4) deal with customs

5) take orders/money/ship (price based solely on a cost per 100g basis)
I believe this will be FAR easier than taking individual orders. I'll simply order a large amount, take orders, and distribute. If nobody else wants any I'll simply have 20+lbs of tobacco I love! I'm having serious flashbacks of my college days spent trafficking!

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
Thanks for getting in touch with him and getting an answer. It is much appreciated and I'm sure you'll have everyone waiting for February to get here!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I assume we are going to work off the original sign-up list which is how these normally work? I have no problem waiting months on this which is typical in group buys. Bless you for agreeing to do this. As previously indicated, I will "pay" you for 200 grams for your trouble in getting mine or you can just mark mine up accordingly.

Thank you

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm glad to help!! With so much free time, projects like this make for perfect time killers! I will keep the list and contact everyone in order when it arrives. This way it's as easy as asking you how much you want and telling you cost. You'll then be able to either use PayPal or send a check USPS and I'll send the bags. What would make this cumbersome and complicated is trying to order an exact amount and accept prepay, but just ordering a lot then distributing is easy.

PLEASE, i do not want anyone to feel obligated to give me something in return. I mean it when I say that I'm happy to help and to have a project!

wayneteipen

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Thanks for heading this up, Nate. Like jackswilling, I'm all in. I look forward to hearing from you.

sfduke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2012
Thanks for the update Nate. All in here as well and fine waiting until early next year for them to land.

data

Lurker
Nov 18, 2015
Hi Nate - Really appreciate your help with all of this! If you wouldn't mind, please enter me onto your Strang order list for 500gms. Many thanks! data :)

Status
Not open for further replies.