Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmafudd2

Lurker
Nov 16, 2015
Hi all, being new to this game, I am puffing delete brands such as Erinmore. I did buy a tin of Sherlock Holmes which wasn't bad but found it slightly peppery. A few days afterwards I had half a bowl of another brand that I cannot remember the name of! I went into my tobacconist and she recommended it - lovely almond after flavour but not an aromatic blend, quite similar to Erinmore. Got me to thinking, what brands are your go to flavour and why? Cheers

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I like Virginia/Perique blends with a fruity character. Brigham Acadian Blend, Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique,

Sutliff 125th Anniversary, 4noggins Prairie Wind, Dunhill Elizabethan, Ouellette's Fire Storm, and many, many more...

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Having been a maduro cigar smoker for decades before getting into good tobacco I have gravitated towards Virginia/Perique (VaPer) blends, Latakia blends, and some Balkans and Orientals. I do not smoke any aro's or mild tobaccos. I also prefer strong coffees or full flavored teas with pipe as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like a range of non-aromatic tobaccos and blends including some English, Balkan, Virginias, Va/Pers, burley blends including the variant Semois, and Tambolaka and Haitian air cured burley. I like an occasional aro, but they seem to give me some chemical burn, whereas I can smoke fuller strength non-aro blends with little or no bite. I also like some milder blends in various genres like Nat Sherman 536, PC Midtown Chestnut, Frog Morton original, PS Lux Navy Flake, and others.

dj11

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2013
Boswell's gets my top two this year:
1. Dan's Blend ( a great all day smoke).

2. Northwood's.

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
C&D's Star of the East recently became my favorite. Other than that I must say GLP's Sextant was exceptionally suited for my taste.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
"Most pleasant"? Hmmm

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake is my "Most pleasant"? Virginia

Hawke's Indian Moon is my "Most pleasant"? homemade mixture

"Most pleasant"? Latakia is probably HH Vintage Syrian

Carter Hall is my "Most pleasant"? OTC
However the "Most pleasant"? at any moment might be any number of varieties depending on my craving at that time. High nicotine smokes have their moment and then plain and simple have the right properties for retuning my taste buds in preparation for a lat blend.
Its hard for me to keep that answer simple.

dutch65

Might Stick Around
Feb 11, 2012
MacBaren (HH Series,) McClelland (particularly their Virginia blends,) Rattrays, G.L. Pease, and Samuel Gawith.

posaydal

Lurker
Dec 6, 2015
Serbia
My absolutely favorite brand is McClelland and i love their Latakia mixtures, my favorite being Frog Morton. Cellar is also not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.