PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunk

Lurker
Jul 19, 2015
Boulder, CO
Hey guys,
New member and new pipe smoker here. I have only been smoking a pipe for a few months, but I have absolutely fallen for Va/Pers and Va's. My favorite part about them is the grassy/hay/tea flavors in them. Just wondering if I am alone, and if not what are your favorite highly hay flavored blends? Thanks for any help!
Austin

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Brigham Klondike Gold (straight Va) immediately comes to mind as it just so happens that I finished a bowl of it about ten minutes ago.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
OGS has the hay-like flavor. Also, Peter Stokkebye Bullseye Flake with the center disk of Cavendish popped out has some very grassy, hay-like notes.

rottingcorpse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 28, 2015
Rattray's Old Gowrie has a very strong hay-like flavor. It's delicious and my favorite Virginia. It has some perique in there too, but the hay-like flavor is very dominant.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
The Christmas Cheer is a good one. I also enjoy Capstan Blue flake. A nice bulk for good "hay flavour" in a VaPer is the McClelland Virginia Perique broken flake.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Brigham Klondike Gold, OGS ...
In general, your lighter, golden Virginia's will provide the "hay" flavors you describe.
Newminster #400 Superior Navy Flake and Dunhill Flake are two more that I would add to your list.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
I don't have a lot of experience in this area but I can say, as others have, that Brigham Klondike Gold will get ya there. :)
I have a flake rubbed out and drying right now. Will be lighting it up shortly. :puffy:

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I am part way through of bowl of 2013 McClelland Xmas Cheer. Plenty of hay here.
This thread had added several more blends I might need to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.