PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
The recent Smokingcricket thread, while very entertaining indeed, provoking a few smiles and chuckles, yet I think there have been even more comical threads and posts.
Which stand out as the most comical for you?
The one I nominate as the most funny thread is the one, on how to open a tobacco tin. The thread is filled with good, fun-filled ball-busting. Even though the thread is 3 years old, it still brings me a full, hearty belly chuckle.
If you choose to peruse the posts, please give careful attention to Peck's reply to boilermakerandy. :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Peck has done some of the liveliest most off-color (in a good way) posts over my time on Forums. When he gets rolling, he's like a second pitcher of beer at the comedy club. He hasn't done that much in the recent year or so. I think his career has waylaid the humor posts. I like to think I get off the occasional wry or droll remark, but I'm not leaving anyone rolling in the aisles.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
I'm new here but found this thread funny: Smoking for Aroma
I'll leave this photo here
Cricket_pitchfest_eatacricket.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
A Classic rebuttal from the Pipe Turd saga. Start at 3:20 and watch until 3:45. Best quote, "he's got Pirate in him." :rofl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfegjiZSi9s

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I only found the cricket thread funny for a few posts until he went all manic and lashed out after everyone. It was like a forum suicide and was rather painful to read.

I have read a lot of funny threads, but I can't for the life of me remember how any of them started, much less their titles. I wouldn't know how to link to them anyway.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Much of the humor is inserted -often subtly- in normal threads. A few posts, then it goes back to discussing whatever. So finding those is like the proverbial needle.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just copy the URL of that thread, then paste that into the URL box above the reply window. IIRC, there's a way to link to a specific post, not needed in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.