PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
I don't own one. It's like a siren call that's hard for me to resist, yet I must. My vote goes to the Peterson squire/XL15. What's your vote?

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
There are a lot of great ones out there but my pick goes to the Rattray’s sandblasted squat Bulldog under their Bulls & Dogs line.
This is one I own:
V6NIDjd.jpg

And then I reread the title, you’re looking for a bent Bulldog. Oops. I think they have bent Bulldogs in that line, though I’m not sure.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
If we're talking Peterson, I like the proportions on the 80s better than the ones mentioned. I don't own any though. I have a 999 with silver spigot and it's nice. It's a Rhodesian.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the Sav 673 KS, which seems like the Sav closest to a Peterson in design; I don't own one, but I like the Stanwell 191, though availability is spotty; and I've always thought the Dr. Grabow Royalton bulldog is an uncannily beautiful job of shaping for a factory pipe -- I have to believe they have some old carver who does these as a labor of love. There are many excellent factory bent bulldogs, but those are a mere few.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I really like Peterson 80´s. I have two, one of them a recently bought Arkflow. It is a very beautiful pipe, the rustication is very beautiful and the smooth canted rim adds a very nice detail. It is in the brown color stain I have smoked it only twice, the mouthpiece has a very restricted airflow and it is really unpleasant to smoke. I emptied the bowl after smoking the first third of the second bowl. Provided you can handle it and check construction I heartily recommend it, I would not and will not purchase any Peterson online from now on. But the pipe is lovely in my opinion, wish they had been careful when bending the army mount stem...

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
The Dunhill above looks real classy then we've got this smaller chambered Savinelli 623 which hardly get noticed anywhere today,

@Cachibero, I've been doing this road before with Peterson 80's as well,so I gave with this particular model for the time being,

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
While not a traditional bulldog per se, the 678 KS is my favorite shape in that genre.
In my hands, it is an incredibly comfortable pipe to smoke (clenchwise or otherwise).

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
My vote is...they just don't make them like they used to. Comoy's shape 229,
exmoorfin-0041.jpg

exmoorfin-0131.jpg

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.