PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hi hi,
I was wondering about the prices on Morta pipes.
I have seen some of them at the $350-$550 mark. Do the commissioned ones cost a lot more? I am just curious.
I have been saving up for a Savinelli with a pure Amber stem, but may defer for the right Morta.
Speaking of which. Have any of you ever seen a Sav with a pure Amber stem? What do those run?

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
FWIW - I love my Bog Pipe. I am amazed at the time this piece of wood has spent under water. It was underwater when Jesus Christ walked the earth, when Rome Fell, and before Christopher Columbus starting studying the stars. Now its in my hands to enjoy.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Is it just me, or does Morta sound like something Saruman cooked up underneath Isengard? Other than that....I WANT ONE! lol

nobail

Might Stick Around
Dec 26, 2011
Oregon
I have a morta bent Dublin pipe that I requested from Askwith and am very happy with both the price and the smoking quality. It is the best morta bent Dublin I've seen, but then I received exactly what I requested so I am biased.
That was my first pipe that I ordered to be made, and when the funds become available again I'll not wait to make another request from Askwith.
I'll try and post a photo from Dropbox:
Morta Pipe
2013-04-11%2014.53.30.jpg

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Came...AD9xJw7rBe5QPAs9l1b08NuIAdvpbV0zjgFoOBP-pjgIg

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I think it is a nice idea to have a morta pipe in your collection. It looks good, smokes well, and is a bit different. Paolo Becker and Chris Askwith are both pipemakers who use morta often. If you are into colourful and unusual stems then Chris Askwith does a lot of those too and he might well be your man. He certainly does commissions and everyone seems to say he is great to deal with.
By the way, this is a Paolo Becker morta pipe that I own and I really love it...

41ce4031ed83f93a90e6da070a87a379_zpsb6306c9a.jpg

Dec 24, 2012
Bradley - an Il Duca is on my bucket list. That is a beauty. Chris Askwith made me a morta billiard as part of a two billiard set. He crafts an amazing pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.