PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
MorningSmoke.jpg

Anyone have recommendations for a good morning smoke to go with coffee? I need something lighter than Latakia for the early AM.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Start off with a Virginia. Always seems to kick-start my day. McCranie's Red Ribbon is a good choice. Or something not as woodsy

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
IMO nothing goes better with coffee in the morning than the nutty taste of a burley blend. Lately I'm enjoying Park-Lanes Fireside, 3noggins Double Fantasy, and Sugar Barrel. :puffy:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Thanks JC, Lawrence & Uncle Arthur, adam12: I will be sure to mark those down for the next order. But the Balkan Sasieni which I know well usually serves me better in the PM. What about Dunhills re-released "Early Morning Pipe"? Is this a burley or VA specially blended for the early AM? Thanks much for your insights.

adam12

May 16, 2011
Personally I don't like EMP, I think it tastes like licking a plastic spoon of formaldehyde after it's been heated by a blowtorch

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
C&D Briar Fox is a good early morning blend. It's very mellow, but still has great flavor.

mowens

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2011
7 Seas Royal. It takes the place of that Bear Claw or Donut quite nicely.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll echo unclearthur with the 7 Seas Royal, but I'll add Lane's 1-Q to the list. Few tobaccos meld with a nice cup of coffee as good as 1-Q, IMO.
-Jason

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Gentlemen, So far we have:
7 Seas Royal

McCranie's Red Ribbon

Park-Lanes Fireside

3noggins Double Fantasy

Sugar Barrel

Lane's 1-Q

P.A.

SWR

C&D Briar Fox

Shortcut to Mushrooms

Dunhill EMP
Will try to order a few of these soon. I'm leaving out Balkan Sasieni since I prefer that one post noon. I have a Latakia rich cellar, and need something with less density for the AM, but would like the nicotine kick as well with my coffee. Can anyone suggest the highest nicotine content for these blends? In other words, I was looking for a mild, light smoke (I guess a VA or Burley), but with a high vitamin N content to wake up with the coffee.
Thanks again,

sockmonkey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 13, 2011
Wholeheartedly agree with Jason. 1-Q blends wonderfully with a cup o' joe.
Edit: Not a lot in the way of nicokick though... Perhaps University Flake?

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
I start my day with any aromatic - however, H&H Klassic Burley Kake is at top of my list, followed by Country Club by Sterling - chocolate and coffee - how can you miss? Also H&H Capitol Stairs is also a good one as the tobacco has a vanilla (has deertongue) taste which is nice. Old Dominion by Sterling has a great toasted, charred taste with a hint of rum that pairs well with Joe. For a morning jolt...let me ruminate about that one...

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
I'm with JC - nothing matches with coffee like a nice nutty burley in the morning. I suggest the ultimate: Prince Albert. Sterling's Double Eagle is aces as a morning burley coffee match as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.