Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I've been on the watch for a Morta pipe but just hadn't found the right one until this week. I don't usually buy new pipes but in the case of a Morta pipe there aren't many out there, few in the estate market to speak of and fewer still in the Rhodesian style. So I pulled the trigger on a new one. It's in the Neo-classical Italian style I love. There is a Santa.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
Very nice. Was that the one they had on Smoking Pipes? I was eyeing that. Beautiful pipe, and the price was certainly right for a morta.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
It was on Ebay and went for a lot less than you usually see Italian made Morta pipes go for. I have a weakness for Rhodies and I just couldn't pass this one up.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Very nice!
I thought about bidding on that pipe but I already have a Moretti Rhodesian and a Moretti Morta bent apple.
Seven of my last 8 pipes are Morettis and I love the way they smoke and feel in my hand. Great interpretations of classic shapes.
I have bids in on two as I type this. Check out their Churchwardens.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
That is a beauty. I love the grain patterns on Morta. That wood might be as old as the Pyramids. Something neat to think about while you're smoking.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I'll report on first impressions of its smoking qualities when it arrives. It was shipped via UPS from Italy yesterday but given the holiday I doubt it will arrive before next week. I'm really curious to see how Morta smokes. It's a material so unlike anything else. I'm told Morta is oak that has been sitting in some bog for thousands of years, no longer really wood, more like a soft stone. I've wanted to try one for some time now and when I saw it in the Rhodie, well, that moment had arrived. Stay tuned for the up-date.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That's a very good looking pipe. Need me a morta pipe in the future too. Enjoy. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.