Moretti Morta Poker and 2 Moretti Tampers (Finally)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
20140405_145621-150x112.jpg

So i finally took a couple pics of the Moretti Morta pipe i got from Marco Biagini a month or so ago to post and show y'all on here. He also graciously made me 2 custom shaped tampers for free, one Morta to go with the pipe, and another briar with some nice grain and birdseye.
Dealing with Marco at Moretti pipes was nothing short of spectacular customer service at its very finest. He is one of the few people i have encountered who will bend over backwards to make sure his customers are fully satisfied. He is very prompt in responding to emails and will do whatever he can to the best of his ability to help a customer out to ensure their utmost satisfaction.
After a couple bowls in the Morta pipe, i noticed a small crack and charred area right above the draw hole in the bowl and i emailed Marco about it with pics. He promptly emailed my back and told me that it happens a lot and probably is just the grain in the morta, but that to keep monitoring it and if it gets worse, he would happily replace it free of charge. He said it did not matter if it was one year or 6, the guarantee would still stand. He told me to enjoy the pipe without worry and smoke it as much as i wanted, he would be there to replace it should anything happen. He offered to make the briar tamper in addition to the morta tamper as a result of my small hiccup with the pipe, which i gladly accepted and thanked him a million times for. Once i received them, i told him what i thought (you be the judge from the pics but they did have a couple weeks worth of use on them when i got around to finally taking the pics, lol) of them and thanked him again for everything. I also told him i would let as many pipe smokers as i could what a pleasure it was dealing with him and recommend his pipes as well.
Beyond the customer service, the morta pipe smokes fantastically and looks right on par with its smoking abilities. I honestly would HIGHLY RECOMMEND looking into acquiring a Moretti pipe if you are in the market for

some new briar, morta or even olivewood. He sells his pipes through ebay for the most part but does have a website as well. The shipping was fast and smooth, considering he is in Italy and I had the pipe in less than a week (i think it was about 5 days).
I would not sit here and go on and on about buying a pipe from a pipe maker like this every time i buy a pipe, but i just honestly feel that Marco DESERVES this write-up/recommendation/review. I would wish other people get to experience what good ol' fashioned customer service is supposed to be by a true professional and superb pipe maker! You be the judge though from the pics and review and check out his pipes on ebay, he goes by bima1960. You can also google Moretti Pipes, if you are unfamiliar with them.
Thanks for checking this thread out and feel free to give honest opinions, good or not so good! Take care guys!
-Corey
20140405_145527-150x112.jpg

20140405_145621-150x112.jpg

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Sorry y'all, better and bigger pics, i really suck at adding these on here right...
20140405_145527-600x450.jpg

20140405_145621-600x450.jpg

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I do have a couple of pipe which has same crack inside bowl. I did put the pipe mud and no problem

for years. With little bit of cake built up you could not even notice it.

Nice pieces. Hope smoke well too.

psychpipes

Can't Leave
Sep 4, 2013
Nature Coast of Florida
+1 layinpipe
Buying a pipe from Marco is a great experience. I purchased a bent-paneled billiard(?) from him last spring. I really loved the carving on it. His communication was excellent, and the pipe is a regular in my rotation. It took me a while to smoke it initially simply because I thought it was too pretty.

Here is an old pic from the original listing I purchased it for. I'm at work so I can only use the pics I have on my computer.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
psychpipes, awesome, glad to here you had a similar experience. Marco is a great guy and an even better pipemaker. Even though i'm not a huge fan of that much of a bent pipe, yours is very good looking and unique. I really dig the saddle stem and the two rings around the bowl and shank. Grain is solid as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.