More Tobacco and Another Radice (What should I Smoke First?)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
Radice rind billiard from Smoking Pipes. It's a little taller than I thought it may be and looks like it'll be great for flakes and anything else! I really like the rustication. Now I am trying to decide what to burn in it first... I was curious about the Bagpipers dream, but I just popped a tin of SG BBF and really like that too. I need to find new places to start keeping all of this tobacco! :)
20140109_124732_zpsddxgfdxn.jpg

20140109_124848_zpsfwjyhpnl.jpg

20140109_124913_zpsmmympvb7.jpg

20140109_124931_zpsffy8s6ja.jpg

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Are you going to dedicate it to a certain blend?
I mostly smoke virginias anyway, so it will probably mostly see those. I do occasionally smoke some Burley blends, but I do not mind running those through a "Virginia" pipe. This pipe probably won't see much latakia.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
That is a great haul Gray and a beautiful looking pipe. I agree that the tall chamber will be a flake machine.
Congrats sir :puffy:

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Bagpiper's Dream!!! Just cause I just order some and want to hear how you like it. lol :laughat:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Gray, that is a gorgeous Radice. The rustication is really well done and I really like the color. I see a 100 gram tin of Solani 633 in the pic and you will want to jar that right away as it does not come vacuum sealed. The Silver Flake is the same way so if you have any of that you should also jar it. I buy the 50 gram tins of 633 so I don't have to jar it, I wished the Silver flake came in those but alas they don't. The 633 is one of my favorite vapers and it is real tasty fresh. That is one great haul you have there, congrats and I hope your pipe smokes great for you.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
Bagpiper's Dream!!! Just cause I just order some and want to hear how you like it. lol :laughat:
That's actually what I tried! I really like it. The sweet cognac flavor really does come through, and I think it smells absolutely awesome. One of the MUCH better aro's I have tried. Smoking slow and it is fantastic so far.

gray4lines

Nov 6, 2012
KY
you will want to jar that right away as it does not come vacuum sealed.
Thanks Harris, I looked at the tin and noticed it was not sealed (vaccuum) so I did go ahead and jar it! Thanks for looking out for me. I have only had the aged burley flake, which is exceptional, so I am looking forward to the VA flake.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Wow! That pipe is a beauty for sure, but I'm more than a little jealous of that TAD haul! It's a good thing I've got a sizable TAD in the mail as we speak, LOL! Anyway, congrats on a great haul!

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Sweet biscuits, the mother load has landed. What an amazing haul and what a beaut of a pipe. Happy puffing. Be interested in hearing what baccy works best in her.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What a haul. I've been fascinated with those Low Country blends and would definitely gravitate

toward one of those. The SP crew seems like it attracts some real pipe fanciers, so I would expect

their blends to be something special. Maybe try one or both, and do a review? That pipe is a real

heartbreaker; oooh-la-la.

Status
Not open for further replies.