PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Oh for sure! Just use a pipe cleaner after each bowl and your pipe will be fine.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Oh for sure! Just use a pipe cleaner after each bowl and your pipe will be fine.

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
It depends on who you ask...Some people say that a pipe needs to rest after each bowl, others say that it is fine to smoke one pipe all day and then rest it...You will also find vastly differing views on how long a pipe needs to rest. I personally find that it works best to rest my pipes for 24 hours after each bowl, but you should experiment and find what works best for you.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
Personally, I do not like the way that a pipe smokes and tastes when I have smoked more than one bowl a day in it....unless it is a cob then I will smoke multiple bowls with no ill effects on taste.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Absolutely. After all, what do you think they did years ago. As I remember my grandfather and great uncle smoked the same pipe day in and day out. However, if by chance you have a few pipes it's a good idea to give each one a rest for a day or more to let the briar dry out. If by chance you repeatedly smoke the same pipe every day you may find it getting somewhat of a sour taste, but you'll know when that happens and it all comes with some experience. Other than that, don't become overly obsessed with the whole thing.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Sure you can. I sometimes smoke the same pipe with back to back bowls all day long with no bad results. I do however clean the pipe good after each smoke. Swabbing out the bowl with a paper towel helps really good after each smoke if you want to smoke like I do. I usually have a pipe lit all day, except when I'm sleeping or eating.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The problem seems to be moisture buildup. It helps to clean the pipe thoroughly, pour some whisky through it every week or so, and live in an arid climate.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
I used to do it often. I do so less often now that I've surrendered to PAD, but there are still times (where I"m traveling and only want to bring one pipe). I've done it in briar, meerschaum, and cobs and all of them are just fine.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Yes you can smoke multiple bowls in the same pipe every day.
The key is to keep the pipe clean.
To smoke back-to-back bowls, it is in your best interest to have two pipes so one can cool off. It is wise to not break down your pipe when it is hot.
Wipe the loose ash out of the bowl, and run a pipe cleaner through the stem/bit and shank of the stummel (the wood part of the pipe) in a cooled-down pipe.
Refill,and enjoy!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I knew codgers back in the day who only owned one pipe and smoked it all day long, bowl after bowl, day after day. Of course they also smoked OTC codger blends so a foul pipe probably didn't make much difference in the taste. Personally I don't smoke more than one bowl before resting a pipe, but that's because I don't smoke all day and I have a boatload of pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.