PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
hangs in your mouth. What I mean is there is no need to clench nor to assist it being there it simply hangs between the upper teeth with the button holding it in place while the lower teeth do touch but no extra pressure is applied thereby leaving no teeth marks on the stem.
Today my Chris Askwith Morta arrived and it is a hanger and stunning beyond explanation, I am about to christen it with Anniversary Kake.
8578073568_e94d967638_z.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
fish, that is an awesome looking pipe, congrats.
I also love a pipe that feels like you have nothing in your mouth. I have many bent and straights that are light enough and the button is designed so well, that I don't even feel like I am clenching anything. There are many times when the pipe is is my mouth so long that I have to check too make sure I am not heating it up too much.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
More than anything I like a pipe... That has been well loved, is in need of a tune-up, but hasn't been totally pooched up by another amateur pipe-restorer before me.
-- Pat

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Beautiful pipe - best wishes on it. Glad it's an excellent clencher for you.
I am not a clencher - I am a drooler! lol!
More than anything I like a pipe...
...that offers a cool smoke and doesn't gurgle.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
+1 numbersix, was just about to post the same. Any pipe that smokes consistently cool and dry earns a permanent spot in the rotation and the collection.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I have to say without a doubt this was the most satisfying smoke for a never before smoked pipe I have ever enjoyed it was filled with dry smoke, pure unadulterated tobacco flavor and smoked to the end with nothing but ash, draw was even and almost w/o thought and definitely w/o effort. Not one gurgle, nor any extraneous moisture left in the bottom of the bowl and when it came time to place the Dill pipe cleaner it fit like a glove right to the bottom, if nirvana is what this is in pipe smoking I have met it. I am very fond of Anniversary Kake but this particular smoke left tingles.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I always hold my pipes while smoking but I can appreciate the perfect dangle you describe. Beautiful morta fish. Congrats!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now that's a sitter that lives up to the name. Love the band and white stem. I've seen a number of

pipes with white stems, but this is the first that pulled it off with complete style, so it looks like it was

meant to be. Mighty fine.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
The band is Mastodon Ivory and the photo really does not do the pipe justice, it's almost as light as some of my cobs!

Status
Not open for further replies.