IMG_2160.jpg

Max Engel and Paige Simms
IMG_2159.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
*DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL*
Thanks for the pictures.
I like Maxim Engel's style of pipes the best. I LOVE the wide stems on those pipes. I can only imagine how awesome and comfy those are to clench. The whole table just SPEAKS to me! :puffy:

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
@spartan, Yes, Max has some great pipes.

@jpberg, I don't believe Max brought any tobacco, but boy was there an incredible amount to be had. I didn't take a picture of Liberty Tobacco, they brought loads upon loads of estate tobacco for sale and sold an incredible amount of aged stuff from someone's estate.

Doc

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Sooooo many lovely lovely pipes! Pity you didn't take a picture of Liberty Tobacco that would have been interesting to look at. Although, it's sad to think that someone passed away without having worked their way through their cellar.
Out of interest, was it a smoke free environment? If so, was there any where for the pipe smoker to enjoy a bowl?

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
@withnail

YES, it was a totally smoking environment during the show all weekend!!!!!! And there were plenty of blends for all to try. So at least now we have a great show on the West Coast that is a smoking show and one on the East Coast (Richmond CORPS show) also. Thanks go out to the guys/gals that make these shows possible because fewer and fewer shows are smoke friendly.

Doc

ps. I also believe that the Kansas City show and St. Louis show are also shows where smoking is allowed in the function halls.

withnail

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
Good to hear that pipe smokers were allowed to smoke at a pipe show!! There is some good sense left somewhere in the world. The no smoking laws here in the UK are totally ridiculous. If only it was as easy to move to the USA as it is to move here, I would be packing now.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Your second photo is of Anthony Harris of Acme Pipes and the GKCPC. Anthony might well be the finest maker of double-chambered pipes in the U.S.

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the pics. I spotted a pipe shop/vendor in one of the pictures I didn't know of. I went and checked out his web site and ended up picking up a nice poker tonight.
edited to add I just noticed pictures were posted two months ago, thanks kghost for bumping it

monstermash51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2012
I'd be poor and homeless in a heartbeat. I must never set foot into a pipe show. Ever. I'd be like a kid in a candy shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.