PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Had my eye on this bad boy for a LONG time now and finally pulled the trigger! I also got a nice 2 pipe bag with it. Hope you enjoy the pics! :puffy:
photo-21.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-18.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-16.jpg

and the tobacco pouch is detachable!

photo-15.jpg

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Dang! That is, without a doubt, the nicest Caminetto I have ever seen.

I have a Business model, forgive me, but I'm too tired to get up and go look at the number! ;-)

Great smoker, although you have to take it easy as the walls on most I've seen

are on the thinner side of the spectrum. If you know where I can get that model (what is the model?), please let me know?

kyletheaviator

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 16, 2012
Very nice!! I am no longer up on my Caminetto mustaches, what era is the thick white one from?

The thick white Moustache is from the "New Era." I believe its mid to late 80's and newer.

What a lovely tankard, or is that a Cherrywood? Nice grab no matter the name!

I've never really understood the difference in the two shapes, though if you ask me this is a Bent Poker (though I am still relatively new to pipes)

That's it I must have a poker now!

I'm addicted to the shape! I love everything about them. If it weren't for my girlfriend, I probably would pass on food just to afford more!! :rofl:

Great smoker, although you have to take it easy as the walls on most I've seen

are on the thinner side of the spectrum. If you know where I can get that model (what is the model?), please let me know?

The nomenclature reads 08.L.27. I'm not sure the model by name or where you can get one like it. My local B&M has some from the same line, slightly different though, as well as some of the "Super Mustache" models. And the walls don't feel too thin on this one, though it does get a bit hot when I'm smoking. Hopefully it'll mellow out once i get a good cake formed though!

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Gorgeous poker! The older Caminetto pipes are great smokers, and my old Business 139KS is still one of my all time favorite pipes! Congrats on the excellent score!

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Technically it's a cherrywood. Pokers have stems that are parallel to the deck, cherrywoods have stems that angle up.
But it's yours, so you can call it whatever you want.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Yes! Thank you, but now the question is: what's the difference between a poker and a tankard?
Stanwell Tankard pipe stems also run parallel to the bowl top, another good question -
Announcer Voice: ....and Bigvan steps up to the plate again, with two men on base....

Status
Not open for further replies.