PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I can't get enough of this baccy. I actually didn't like my first bowl much. I fully rubbed it out and it didn't do much for me. I have now been only rubbing it out into strands and letting it air dry for about 15 minutes and it is so good. I understand this new batch is only from last winter and the batch before was 2 yrs old. If this baccy gets better than this with age I am in trouble LOL. They should just call this Klondike Crack I am smoking multiple bowls a day. :P

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Ahhhhh yes, another new convert. I am also on the crack wagon as I have picked up 20 tins since November. At the rate I smoke 15 of them will be over 2 yrs old when I crack them open, so I should be good there.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
So is there any merit that it is really just Dunhill Flake renamed?
I have not tried the Klondike yet so am wondering if its really worth keeping an eye open and funds ready for when a shipment comes in.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Oh great, another thread on a flake tobacco I have yet to try that gets me to look up other reviews that get my mouth watering :rofl:
Add that one to the list of flake tobaccos to try, now at 31!!! HAHAHAHA

eastwoodaudio

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 23, 2013
MrEnglish - There was a thread about your question not too long ago, the distributor I belive chimed in about how it was designed to be a match to Dunhill Flake when it was unavailable in Canada, but while blending, they belive they made a better version. This is from memory, so please don't quote me on that. :) But long story short, no, it's not Dunhill Flake re-named. :)

It's a great flake. I managed to get my B&M to order me a dozen tins, and what was left of his his shelf stock of this was cleared out the next day.
It has a very sweet blend of light and dark Virginias that has that great raisin fruity tin note. It burns cool and has just enough nicotine to make it a great jump start to a day, with a nice mouth feel and that film on the teeth taste that I just love in a great Virginia flake.
I suspect that this will be one of those blends that flake hoarders will buy up as soon as it is available every time, like Astleys 109. I suggest buying this one up as soon as it becomes available, any hesitation and it will be gone.

Dec 24, 2012
Correct, Brian Levine said Brigham went to Reiner Will and asked him to make his own version of Dunhill Flake. Apparently, RW's version was designed to be closer to the old Murray's version than the Orllck version.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Have a couple of tins on the way and can't wait to crack one. Dunhill was my first flake and I really enjoyed it. Sounds like this might be even tastier!

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I just ordered 12 more that is 27 tins in the last 36 hours. I need help ladies and gents. :crazy: It is in stock with no limits at P+C get it while you can!

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
@yazamitaz I now have about 35 tins and at the rate I am smoking it I will be lucky if any reach the age of 1 yr. :(

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
WOW mass- I thought I had a problem :)
Good for you bro. I did notice that P&C still had it in stock but I am truly good for a while. Glad you are liking it

Dec 24, 2012
I have 135 tins and all were purchased by October/2013, so I assume I have mostly the old stuff. The stuff is just magic with a couple of years. I haven't compared it to the fresh stuff.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
This is my understanding and someone can correct me if I am wrong. The Klondike Gold people were getting last year had already been aged 2 years. The stuff out know was produced approx. during last winter.

Dec 24, 2012
masspiper - that is what Brian Levine has said a couple of times The older stuff purchased was waiting around for US licensing to come through for a couple of years, so as he said, the early stuff that hit the market was pre-aged.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Stuff I am smoking is the newer stuff it that is awesome I can't wait to see what some age will do to the blend. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.