PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Congrats! That's a lot of Brigham's! I have a couple and like them too, and smoke them fairly often. Very nice selection, but did you buy these all at once? I like the one dot, third from the top. One of the weirder finishes I've seen on one.

Have fun cleaning them up.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Thanks Paul. I won 6 from one ebayer and 2 from another. The pipe you are talking about is a Sportsman series pipe. They were hand carved on location at the Sportsman Show in Toronto.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
And I can now officially add a 5 dot that I won tonight on eBay from the same seller as the 6.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
I will be sure to share pics as soon as I am done. That damn Brian Levine sent me those brochures and now I'm hooked on acquiring Brighams pipes....Lol

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
PMM:
What a superb collection of Brighams you've amassed!
Next to your fearless service men and women, excellent whiskey, notable actors and musicians - my favorite being a woman I disagree with on so many levels, k.d. lang - one of my favorite Canadian exports is the the Brigham.
I own a pair of the two dots and, IIRC, both were purchased from one of this forum's good guys, Pruss. They're wonderful burners and are lit up on a semi-regular basis.
This is probably an FNG question, but can you tell the difference between a one dot and a five or six dot?
Thanks!
Fnord

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
fnord, you're too kind
This is probably an FNG question, but can you tell the difference between a one dot and a five or six dot?
Not an FNG question at all, especially since you're about as green as my backyard in winter. Because Brigham has been fitting pipes with the rock maple filter system for, what seems like, eons, the guts of these pipes are largely the same. In fact, I've experimented with trying to fit mismatched system stems to different bowls to great success.
It's my humble opinion that the pinning system of dots really differentiates pipes from a finish perspective; from a quality of briar perspective; and from a design perspective. The VIP, President's, Norseman series pipes all used a different pinning system than the 1 - 7 dot system.
EDIT TO ADD:

Bill, I bid that one up a bit towards the end, my bad. I should have asked if you were in on it. I stopped because it looks to me like the button has been cut off. Has it arrived yet? Are you going to have to do some re-shaping? That's a pretty unique shape for Brighams. I like it mightily.
-- Pat

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Bill, I bid that one up a bit towards the end, my bad.

That's okay I will forgive you this time. It looks to me also the there is a button in the future. I have done 1 before and it turned out good so I will do another.It hasn't arrived yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.