PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

loneredtree

Part of the Furniture Now
May 27, 2011
Sierra Foothills
Briar Patch in Sacramento has two stores. The larger has not been able to renew its lease. Not sure why but I will bet it is more anti tobacco ideology. Loehmann's Plaza store to close by mid June, :crazy: :crying: 8)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That is horrible news. Briar Patch is tops, and while their downtown store is very good, the Loehmann's Plaza has lots of room and terrific staff. I am bummed.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
THere arent many good ones here in california. The closest one to me is in Piedmont, the folks who invented the Esoterica line. Nice people. But they are getting up there in age, not too many years left I would imagine. Its sad.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Steve Rich at Piedmont Tobacco— in Oakland, not Piedmont, which has no retail outlets save a convenience store— is a true gentleman of the briar. He has a terrific inventory of good tobaccos. It's just off Piedmont Avenue, near Piedmont Grocery, which is on the Avenue.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Yes Steve Rich! I stop in everytime I'm near there and buy something even if I don't need it . Steve's wife (I'm ashamed to say I forget her name) is usually just sitting quietly smoking and reading when I enter . It's like walking back through time .

Status
Not open for further replies.