PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdemon

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 20, 2011
I received a free tin of this from Altadis. This is a blend of Burley, VA & Black Cav flavored with caramel, vanilla & honey. The aroma from the tin is very sweet with the vanilla and caramel very predominant. Ribbons of black, dark brown and a smattering of reddis brown. This blend was quite oily, to me, but didn't clump up at all. I packed it on the loose side because of it seeming so moist. I attempted to dry it out some but after more than 5 hour it seemed just as moist.

3 charring lights were needed. This was one of the creamiest smokes I have had. Quite sweet, the 1st 3rd of the bowl was dominated by the caramel, after that the vanilla kicked just a tad bit more and towards the end is when the honey was most noticable but neither the vanilla or the honey took away from the caramel notes. This was a steamy smoke but not in a bad way, just that the smoke was moist. Very smooth too. I was afraid that because of it being a moist blend I would have to be careful of tongue burn, but it was never an issue. No burn or bite at all. If you like aros, you really should give this a try. I will certainly get more. I think this makes a great after dinner smoke. :puffy:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I think most every member here who's been here 4+ months got a tin of Molto Dolce. I totally agree with you. It's a good sweet aro. Nothing bad about it IMO. It is oily, and certaintly won't EVER dry out on you lol
But there isn't anything GREAT about it either. It didn't blow me away. It's average. 2.5 out of 5 stars.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I like it also. I don't reach for it all the time, but when I want some thing sweet it satisfies the sweet tooth. I had the end of a pouch of Captain Black and added some to it for flavor. Turned out to be a nice improvement on CB!

bogie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2010
I got a free tin as well....very nice surprise when you FORGOT you had something coming lol....Smoking a bowl now with my coffee i tend to like it as well.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I tried this a while back and didn't care for it,seemed to have to much PG.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Batdemon, you're spot on with your description of this blend.

I too received a tin as a sample.

My first impressions were the same as yours.
While it tastes good and produced no fire in my pie hole, I really haven't enjoyed it as much as I thought I would.

I love 1Q, and this just overpowers me with its too sweet smoke.

Good, but in small amounts.

I received no comments about the room note.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
This is one Sutliff blend I've heard a lot about, but have never tried. I've been on here way more than 4 months, and haven't received a tin of it yet, I guess I fell through the cracks somehow. :wink:

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Hey Mark if you come over to the club the place where we meet sells it and I put it out as one of the club samples. Next meeting is March 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.