Status
Not open for further replies.

transpose

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
What are your thoughts?
0d2a3cdc-948b-4be1-9da4-64e355e6ddcd-600x450.jpg

410304e8-46c0-4445-a691-63c4c6d1071b-600x450.jpg

Not only is this functional, but I’ll be recognizable by you select 0.01%ers as a commuter-piper when you pass by. Would it be a little classier if I Sharpie’d it black?...I say absolutely not! My pipes and mirror housing are thanking me. I may need to add a warning to the mirror that says, “Only use when stopped.”

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
You'll want to use it before some local ragamuffin pulls it off leaving the bit of circular double stick you to deal with. I would think an automated car wash is out of the question also. There's a reason hood ornaments have all but disappeared or are now retractable. I just use the palm of my hand or boot sole.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Sorry if this is hijacking but: Has anyone rigged up an old tin to use as a mobile knocker ash tray? With all the forest fires of late I've been thinking that a tin with a cork affixed to the bottom might make a portable thing to knock ash and dottle into. I doubt I'm the first person to think of this.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I just use the built in ash tray that came with my Ford Truck. It even has a built in cig lighter.

transpose

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
You guys are crackin me up. I’m thinking a 1” strip of black RTV on the bottom of the mirror housing would be a better solution, but then I wouldn’t have been able to title this thread “Mobile Knockers” :(

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sorry if this is hijacking but: Has anyone rigged up an old tin to use as a mobile knocker ash tray? With all the forest fires of late I've been thinking that a tin with a cork affixed to the bottom might make a portable thing to knock ash and dottle into. I doubt I'm the first person to think of this.
Sure, that works fine. Cheap easy way: take a wine cork, cut in half, glue to tin, and you're off and running.
A thick strip of leather will work fine, too.

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Ha! I'll have to put together a tin knocker tray.
Now to go further into some tangents. Wine in a box is really wine in a bag. Those nozzles are removable so it is easy to clean those bags and reuse for whatever. They are actually pretty heavy duty plastic. I must say, the wine bottles here in Europe are generally much cheaper (cost less but good quality) than in the States. Best of all was South Africa. I really don't understand why wine is so expensive in places like California and Oregon and Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.