PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
I got this pipe in the MM grab bag of seconds and just got the chance to smoke it. It smokes great, a bit on the heavy side so you can't clinch it in your teeth and hold it that way, which I don't mind because I like to hold my pipes. The only downside to this pipe is, it has a deep but narrow bowl that is hard to light after the tobacco gets down a bit. Then it's a pain to clean the ash out. My pipe tool didn't reach the bottom of it and naturally there is a bit stuck at the bottom. Good thing I had my pocket knife to carefully loosen that stuck bit and empty it out.
It's enjoyable to smoke, you feel like a 5 star general about to lead troops into Normandy when using this thing but this is the first time I've had trouble cleaning one out. So if you're gonna smoke one of these, have an extra long pipe tool or some stiff pipe cleaners (I only have the fuzzy soft ones right now).

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Great review! I have an unfinished one, and it's quite a bit lighter than the finished version.
20180613_153515.jpg

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Do you think a pipe nail would be longer than the tool? Most of the tools I have seen were shorter than the pipe nails that I carry. Great review! I'm still planning to get more of these in the future, probably pick up the bag of seconds myself one day.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Metalheadycigarguy gave me one of those from a grab bag he got a few years ago. That damn thing is still one of my favorite pipes.
Congrats. May if offer you the years of good smokes mine has given me.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
If the knife didn't damage it I doubt the screwdriver would. But now if the pencil breaks and I end up smoking pencil led and get led poisoning I'm holding you responsible lol

Status
Not open for further replies.