Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

av47

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
I decided tonight to clean my only two MM Corn Cob pipes. Based on online instructions I settled down with some pipe cleaners, rubbing alcohol, paper towels and a little time. After cleaning both pipes I gave them a quick rinse under the sink to get out any small loose debris and quickly wiped them off. I noticed that both pipes were leaving a purple-ish black residue on the paper towels. I'm assuming this is some sort of finishing and I'm curious what exactly I've done to my pipes. Is this anything to worry about?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Are these your Pony Expresses, or is one of them the Gent? It might be just the coloring leaching out. In any event, I don't see how they could be worse for the experience.

av47

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
Two country gentleman. I assumed it was coloring related but just wanted to see if the community knew something I didn't about this topic. Thanks

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I wouldn’t worry too much. It is probably just the stain. Cobs are a great place to start tinkering with maintenance.

av47

Lurker
Sep 21, 2017
In an unparalleled move of stupidity I let one one of the pipes dry without the bit inserted. Now I have a pipe that will not accept the bit. My first inclination is to grab a pair or sharp scissors and shave out the stem where it accepts the bit. Any other/better ideas?

S

sunriseboy

Suspend the cob on a glass with the stem in hot water for 10-15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.