PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
Well, thanks for asking!
I would have to say its been O.K., overall. Not an experience I want to go through again, ever, but I have been happy with my interactions with the insurance people, various adjusters, salvage operators, and what all.
After a lenthy investigation, American Family Ins. noted the combine as the probable source for the fire and John Deere said the cause was indeterminate. We weren't liable since we weren't negligent, but I still worry we might be dropped. They are planning a profitablity review in the future. I suppose a good faith move on our part would be to assume a higher deductible for a few years, but we'll wait and see on that.
I am still working on some of the tax implications for the loss and repurchase of equipment and the building, but that will come along a lttle faster now that harvest is basically over. The building is slated to be rebuilt sometime in December, pending decent weather.
We are throwing a party for the firemen at the end of the month. Hopefully, they'll eat themseleves into a coma. :D

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I was wondering the same-thing.

But, I didn't want to intrude.

Thank you for the update.

I'm glad all is working out.

You going to BBQ?

That's a very thoughtful way to thank those who don't receive the thanks they deserve.

:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.