Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfox520

Part of the Furniture Now
May 24, 2013
The way the description is written it looks like the same blend in all of the tins.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The way the description is written it looks like the same blend in all of the tins.
It is, just different tin art. Same idea last year with different creatures. Believe they still have some of last year's stock at Cup O Joe's

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Wasn't it a Candy Corn aromatic?
Nah, same flavoring. Got a tin last year, and was surprisingly good.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9168/cornell-diehl-mixture-monster

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Why is there a picture of a foot in the advertising? Are we meant to be horrified by the terrible pedicure?
I do love the tin art but unfortunately there are very few aros that I like and as time goes by I'm less and less willing to take the risk.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I do love the tin art but unfortunately there are very few aros that I like and as time goes by I'm less and less willing to take the risk.
I'm there also. Minimal flavoring that complements the blend, like in Royal Yacht or Irish Flake, I can live with to a degree. When we get into sugar-coated flavored stuff like candles, potpourri, junk food, sodas, and everything else since the 1980s, I start to head for the hills.
But cool tin art. I sort of like the scary, clammy disembodied foot as well.

styler

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 31, 2014
Ah, I see it now. I missed the distinction between the fabric of the bed and the black space underneath.
Yeah deathmetal, I'm the same. I do enjoy Erinmore flake but that's the closest thing to an aro in my regular line up. I've not tried RY yet, I hear such mixed reviews about it!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I've not tried RY yet, I hear such mixed reviews about it!
I'm an unabashed Royal Yacht fan, but my method is thus: unseal the tin but leave it closed for a few days, maybe a week. This lets the citrus topping mellow and the plum flavors come out. Then I tend to pack bowls with it relatively firmly but give them a half hour to dry out further. This results in the most enjoyable RY experience, in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.