PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I have the fabulous idea of trying Sutliff's Mixture 79 in one my regular pipes instead of using a disposable cob. The pipe is now, so far, done for. Everything I smoke in it makes me want to vomit.

Any idea on how to get rid of it?

Jan 8, 2013
From all the bad things I've heard about that blend, if I were to happen upon it anywhere I would probably run screaming in fear... and maybe pee a little. I truly believe that stuff is blended in hell by the devil's worst demons.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I love the stuff, but as far as de-ghosting, salt and alcohol may do the trick, or maybe an ozone treatment.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Fill your bowl with sea salt and then use a dropper and soak the salt. Keep a pipe cleaner in the shank.

Let it sit several hours and dump. Do it again. Also, use something to clean the shank. Either a retort or cotton tipped swabs with some alcohol. Some say that alcohol will dry out the wood.

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
Salt Bath, Kosher salt, alcohol and let sit overnight, look it up on youtube and you can see how several people do it

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Kosher salt ??? it's has been bled dry before dying ? it has been made while a Rabbi sang sacred songs on it ? :lol:
Why is regular salt not good? The other guys don't mention anything special about the salt.
But thanks nonetheless for the guidance. I'll give her that treatment and if it lived to tell, I will tell you.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Yes, you need salt blessed by a Rabbi, and pristine alcohol blessed by a Priest. For a retort, you need water blessed by none other than the Pope.
In a serious vein, I do ask what's the problem with a bit of iodine in the salt? And why distilled water for rehydrating tobacco for that matter?

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Strangely, I like it. Sutliff's page had flavoring agents of vanilla, anisette, and whisky, and all in a burley wrapping. What's not to like?!? heh heh Sort of like a tricked out Italian Christmas cookie to smoke.

:crazy:
If all else fails, rites of exorcism from all the world's main religions might work if the holy salt and blessed alcohol and sacred ozone come up short. By the time you're done in several years, the ghost should have evaporated.

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Use kosher salt and alcohol. DO NOT use regular iodized salt.

@1coyote: Seriously though, what's up with kosher vs iodised salt? I actually wish to know.

Cheers

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Kosher salt has larger grains .Kosher salt's original purpose was really to kosher meat, meaning to remove the blood from meat, so it's really koshering salt. Certain salt companies labeled the boxes of this coarse salt kosher salt rather than koshering salt. Now if you leave regular salt in that pipe to long it is b..ch to get it out . The larger grains are easier to remove . I hope this helps Carver .

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Kosher salt has larger grains .Kosher salt's original purpose was really to kosher meat, meaning to remove the blood from meat, so it's really koshering salt. Certain salt companies labeled the boxes of this coarse salt kosher salt rather than koshering salt. Now if you leave regular salt in that pipe to long it is b..ch to get it out . The larger grains are easier to remove . When people still processed their own meat and wild game at home . There where certain things that they would do to make it taste better .I hope this helps, Carver .

Status
Not open for further replies.