PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike Anywhere

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2011
Central United States
So I love to try things other people hate. I'm like the inverse of a band wagon jumper. Anyway, I was thinking of ordering some Mixture 79 but I thought I would check to here to see if anyone has a (relatively) fresh pouch they could send me. Enough people claim to hate it, I figure there's got to be at least one out there.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Speaking for myself, it's a good way to establish what the bottom rung is on the blends ladder. You can still get it at most drug stores or even gas stations. It's cheap; and rightly so. If you do try it, use a pipe you care little about.

fishingandpipes

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 24, 2013
I had some a long time ago, I think if you like lakelands you won't hate it. It's like an OTC burley scented lakeland, instead of having a high quality VA as the base.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I like the Lakeland blends. Mixture 79 does have its fans. It was one of the first blends I smoked in 1970. Once was quite enough for me. I found it to be very much like the old Bond Street. I guess everyone should try everything at least once.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I smoked it just once, borrowing a bowl from my dad. I didn't find it so terrible, but no way could I find myself smoking it unless there was no other choice.

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
I have a suggestion for another awful blend if you're really looking to go against the grain. Blender's Gold Royal Cherry Cavendish, pretty easy to find in a drug store. Thinking of it still gives me shudders.

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Let us know what you think of it when you try it. I've thought of ordering some myself.

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I have smoked it plenty; not too bad. I am told it was Aaron Spelling's favorite blend.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
That was one of the best gags I've seen since I started hanging out here.
I've never thought of Canadians as funny but, my God, some of the funniest people in my lifetime were born there:
John Candy and everybody else from SCTV

Dan Aykroyd

Rich Little

Seth Rogen

Leslie Nielson

and the truly gifted Phil Hartman
Pat sticking those wonderful treats in a pair of Mixture 79 tins to Peck was a gas.
Fnord

Dec 24, 2012
Lets not forget:
Jim Carrey (not my cup of tea, but some find him funny)
Tommy Chong
Norm Macdonald (one of my favourites)
Howie Mandel
Lorne Michaels
Mike Myers
Martin Short
Pruss aka BrDavidson

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
I offed mine a week ago, smoked half a bowl, it was like taking crappy tobacco, covering it in perfume and then smoking it. pretty sure my cob is garbage after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.