PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
I had to, I simply had to try this. I was well aware of its reputation and true to form most of the reviews and opinions of fellow pipesters I know, along with my own sampling, led me to conclude that this mixture is not for me. The various flavor additives made this a jumbled mess. There was not a hint of true tobacco taste and the aroma was quite off-putting. This was not the easiest blend to keep lit and the smoke it yielded was wispy and weak. I can't recommend this foul beast to any smoker, be they aromatic or natural devotees.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
I was well aware of its reputation and true to form most of the reviews and opinions of fellow pipesters I know, along with my own sampling, led me to conclude that this mixture is not for me
You, and about 99 percent of the pipe smoking world. However, that 1 percent is must be THE 1 percent since they've got the money to keep buying the stuff--probably helps explain why they keep making it !

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sadly, I smoked it years ago, and the pipe it was smoked in begged me to shoot it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
With so many blends that people find pleasing, I believe I'll take your word and pass on this one. Clan was so-so,

and 4 Aces wasn't bad. But with C&D, G.L. Pease, Dunhill, Nat Sherman, McClelland, and etc., why bother?

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
In about 1972 I tried this and only got though a 1/2 pouch it was bad then. Can't imagine it now. In 1969 was introduced to this stuff by a Marine Staff who thought it was the best, his office always smelled of it. This rates along with Paldin Black Cherry and Middleton Apple at the bottom of the pole IMO.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.